Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anti-wrinkle confusion-Dr.Pickart Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart,
I've been reading your comments on Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid. And have a few questions;

1. Is there a way to use a make up with Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, but minimize the damage it would give? (a layer of CP under it, perhap?)

I have been using your products for a year now I think. I have had amazing results, and then uglies, then amazing, and uglies. Smiler
I have veered off to some retinol from Pharmagel and Laroush Posay in hopes of jump starting my skin.

2. What level of retinol do you have in your products with retinol? Are they comparable to the high retinol or retinA out there?

3. Could this be from the CPs?

4. I am using Deborah's Flex Effect, which has really improved my under eye thickness and take all the supplements you suggest. I too do not want smoke and mirror improvements, but real improvements. I just feel that I need more exfoliation to see more improvement in my skin. I was told DermaExclusive from Beachbody is good? Do you have any suggestions how to learn about glycolic acid or how to get more improvement from my creepy wrinkle eyes, and overall wrinkles?

I have tried the Night Eyes, and GHK on my eyes, they seem better for a bit, but then ugly again, so I back off. But just are not improving as I would like. It seems I need alot of exfoliation in the eye are, then lots of just moisture in that area. What other products would you suggest out there that would help with undereye wrinkles and overall products that you have to use. I've stopped the CPs, thinking they have increased my facial hair. Realized the retinal in squalene I was using was drying my underyes, so stopped that. And started to use some 5% Vit C cream that is working well and some retinal at night. I feel like i've entered a confused, perhaps disillusioned state with my skin again and hope you can answer these questions and give me some general direction?

Thank you so much Dr. Pickart!
Rita Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The hyaluronic acid breakdown products are the end result of enzymatic hydrolysis. And these are what causes the trouble.

The key to copper peptides is to always go slow. You can also use them every other day.

Daily supplements help.
Vitamin C - 1 gram
MSM - 2 grams
Flaxseed oil - 5 grams - 1 teaspoon..

Many women have used our products for 5 or more years with no issues regarding facial hair growth.

The best with the eyes is to always use a light amount. Using Two Timing Tightener helps the skin pull together but this is temporary.

We use 0.6% retinol in squalane. More than this seems to cause problems.

You might also look into occasional use of skin needle rollers.

Hyaluronic acid (scientifically named "hyaluronan") is a sugar-like molecule that can bind huge amounts of water (1000-fold of its own weight).

When applied to the surface of human skin, it feels smooth and sensuous but will slowly wets the skin's outer protective proteins and damages the skin barrier. This can temprarily improve the looks of skin but does not help skin health. The outer layer of skin (what we actually see) is composed of keratinocytes. The signal that causes the skin to send new keratinocytes to the skin's surface is a dryness in the outer layers of the skin. Hydrating (wetting) the outer skin proteins slows or even stops the normal flow of keratinocytes to the skin surface. If the skin is kept wet, such as by using hyaluronan, the skin renewal is slowed and skin ends up looking older.

Skin Damaging Cosmetic Moisturizers are designed to push water into the skin and wet the outer skin proteins. Various detergents (but they may not be called detergents) and water-holding molecules such as hyaluronic acid often used to loosen the outer skin proteins so water can interact with them. But this weakens the skin barrier and lets in viruses, bacteria, and allergens.

In about 1997, there were studies from Denmark that found that oil/water skin moisturizers broke down the skin barrier. The concern was that this could increase infection in hospital patients.

Cosmetic moisturizers are designed to wet the outer skin proteins and push water into the skin to puff it up. Various detergents (but they may not be called detergents) are used to loosen the outer proteins so water can interact with them. The best example is the "cold creams" that women applied every night in the 1930s and 1940s. You may have seen these in old movies. Their skin was kept moist but the women ended with horrible wrinkles.

Various polymers of hyaluronan are used as skin injectable skin fillers. Injectable form of hyaluronic acid are sold as "not-from-animals" but they are from pathogenic bacteria. The FDA warns that the material contain small amounts of bacterial protein and this can produce allergic responses in time.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
Another very important factor in skin health is personal stress which can defeat any type of skin treatment. Stress raises the body's cortisol level and cortisol inhibits skin renewal and repair.

The best anti-stress method is routine exercise.

Look at http://www.livestrong.com/arti...ise-cortisol-levels/
Thank you Dr. Pickart!
Stress is pretty much ongoing in my life, just my circumstances. (elderly mother care, plus 3 disabled boys) etc. I try take it easy as I can. use lots of magnesium and other supplements.

So I know that must be adding to this, as some days I look great, other days I am shocked how rough and old I look! Smiler

I take 2000mg Vit C
2000mg MSM
and only a Flaxseed supplement now, but if you think a teaspoon of oil would be better, I can pick that up??

I have used Two Timing for a long while. I never noticed a big improvement with it. But you say it is temporary, so it doesn't give anymore than a temporary tightness correct?

What is a skin needle roller? What does it do?

Would chemical peels be better? I don't know much about those either?

Exfol and Lactic are both exfoliators? What is retinol? Does it also act like an exfoliator like the Exfol and Lactic products?

Even CP's would they have an exfoliating action sort of too? I'm just trying to see how they all fit in for a skin care schedule?

For the eyes, I have gone slow, for the last year. If I use CP on the eyes, every other day, what do you suggest in between? What would be a good schedule for the eye area, to keep it improving, but not wearing it out. It is my worst area now at 44yrs. What would you recommend onsidering I've been using CPs and retinol for the last year? Should I move up to SuperCop or something even stronger perhaps?

I started with Night Eyes, then Super GHK, then Skin Signals a few times? Retinol in Squalene and forgot it had retinol so overused it thinking it was just adding moisture. So had to back off. Emu oil and Celes is the only biological oils you have without retinol I realized.

Is there any products that just really help keep the eyes hydrated? I mean besides drinking lots of water internally? That would be a big help too, since it really seems they are just too dry some days.
I'm just trying to find a balance, as I have to remind me the 'eyes' are not the rest of my face. So need a separate product and program.

So, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid would not be good even just in facial make up? I guess there is no way to minimize what it does?

Thank you again and I so much appreciate all your time!
~Rita Smiler
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Stress is very difficult but try to work in some type of daily exercise at home. A simple exercise cycle or treadmill is a great help.

Take at least 5 grams of flaxseed oil - 1 teaspoon.

TTT is for a temporary tightening.

For skin needling look at http://reverseskinaging.com/sk...ing-and-rollers.html.

Low strength hydroxy acids at a moderate pH exfoliate the skin. Strong acids at a low pH act as peels and dissolve away the upper skin but if overdone can cause skin damage.

Exfol and Lactic are both exfoliators.

The CPs have little exfoliating effect. You can use acids and CPs on alternate days. Fix the area around the eyes is difficult. It is very thin skin and often heavily damage from color cosmetics.

I have often worked with hyaluronic acid (for inserting catheters). It has a wonderful, sensuous feel but is not good for skin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thank you, as always Dr. Pickart! I am going to pick up some flaxseed oil. And have been trying to cope with daily stress with excercise as I can.
I've started using Skin Signals again, and Exfol as well. Plus some retinol at night.

I am very thankful for all your advice! Smiler

Rita
Dr. Pickart,
I bought some liquid flax oil and the first day or within two days, my face was like a miracle! Clear and lines so dimished I could not believe it. Now I was so enamored that I didn't think much further, but about 3 days later it seemed to go back to what it was. I racked my brain to think if there was something else the cause of this miracle. But I can't really see any other changes that would be the cause.
I started to take more alfalfa capsules (I have been healing from adrenal fatigue and loosing weight off my waist 7" now!) But, I am just curious what you see from Flax Oil, 1 tsp. How it looks when it improves, what other things might help it, does it tend to fall off?

I'm still taking all the rest of my supplements. And using Skin Signals, and some Vita C topical and your celes oil all I can.

What does the research on flax oil say? Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much!
Rita Smiler
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Also take 1 gram each of vitamin C and MSM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thank you Dr. Pickart!

I am taking 2000mg of Vit C per day.

and I was not taking MSM when this improvement was noticed.

Is there a preferred MSM? Tablet or powder? Capsule?

The research says 6-12 weeks, so if I noticed it within 2 days would you say it must have been from something else?

I tried to see what more I may have changed to get this improvement, but besides eating way more romaine lettuce (love it again!) to taking alfalfa capsules, I can't think of anything topical that would have caused such a dramatic change.

My skin seemed overly hydrated and almost like I could feel it smoother somewhat.

I should say I am taking about my eye area, as the only other trouble spot I have is my forehead between my eyebrows where I have heavy lines there. (so far the rest is clear)

But my eye area was where I had to large improvement. Whether it was internally, (like flax or alfalfa?) or something external and can't seem to tell. All I know I would do anything to recreate what was working! Smiler

Thank you again!
~Rita
Thanks for shearing, this information is very helpful.