Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can I start with a higher strength and dilute? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I've not used CPs before, and I'm getting a shopping cart ready. I had in mind to just start with the R & R w/high retino and lavender. Now, I have some questions and need advice...
The suggestion for dealing with a product that seems too strong is to dilute with a few drops of water, but, if I remember correctly, I've seen this mentioned only with the serums...can the dilution trick be used also with the creams? If so, would I not be able to start with a stronger cream and just dilute for awhile until my skin adjusts? I started with retin-a a few months ago and jumped up in strengths quickly with no irritation, just some peeling...would that be a possible indicator that I might tolerate a stronger PC sooner than is on most people's schedules?
Do some users use Tri Reduction on the face as a regular daily application, or is it only for scars (the product description is a bit confusing)? One reason I thought I might want to start with a stronger product is that I have a raised scar on my cleavage, a result of having a mole removed. I didn't like an ugly mole between my breasts, so I swapped it out for an ugly scar...go figure. Anyway, having a stronger product would allow me to use it on the scar full strength, and dilute it daily for the face, no? Or is the TriRed not strong enough for the scar? Do I need to snag myself a sample of SuperCop or the SC2X?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Mary, when I emailed skinbio for a consultation regarding blemishes and large pores for my oily skin, Cassia recommended the Super CP serum for general face use. I thought that was a strong CP to start with but when I asked she said that unless I have sensitive skin, that most people can use the stronger product if used properly. She also said that with the Super CP serum I can dilute it if it was too strong for me. Have you tried emailing them for a skin consult and see what they have to say? I am not sure about your other questions though, sorry! I have not even purchased CPs yet, still sitting on it for a while before making the decision.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,