Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA
Registered: 22 June 2004
SKIN BIOLOGY CHAT FORUM RULES OF CONDUCT & ETIQUETTE
*** IMPORTANT: This chat forum is solely designed to find assistance with using Skin Biology products and for clients to share their experiences, feedback, and results ― We ask that you refrain from posting medical questions or research queries ― No post at anytime should be taken as medical advice ― All posts that are deemed to be an infringement of our stated purpose will be subject for editing or removal ***
We take your questions and concerns very seriously. But a condition to deal with any formula questions or product concerns is that a real address MUST be provided when you register on the Skin Biology chat forum.
Your contact information must not be a fake name or fake address.
Your address listed in your profile is not able to be viewed publicly and your information will never be shared.
In this way we can track client orders and cut down on "Internet Trolling".
What is Internet Trolling?
"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion...
Trolling is a game about identity deception, albeit one that is played without the consent of most of the players. The troll attempts to pass as a legitimate participant, sharing the group's common interests and concerns; the newsgroups members, if they are cognizant of trolls and other identity deceptions, attempt to both distinguish real from trolling postings, and upon judging a poster a troll, make the offending poster leave the group. Their success at the former depends on how well they — and the troll — understand identity cues; their success at the latter depends on whether the troll's enjoyment is sufficiently diminished or outweighed by the costs imposed by the group.
Trolls can be costly in several ways. A troll can disrupt the discussion on a newsgroup, disseminate bad advice, and damage the feeling of trust in the newsgroup community. Furthermore, in a group that has become sensitized to trolling — where the rate of deception is high — many honestly naïve questions may be quickly rejected as trollings. This can be quite off-putting to the new user who upon venturing a first posting is immediately bombarded with angry accusations. Even if the accusation is unfounded, being branded a troll is quite damaging to one's online reputation."
RULES OF CONDUCT & ETIQUETTE:
This chat group is only for clients and friends of Skin Biology to ask questions about how to better use the products and share their experiences, feedback, and opinions. Most of clients come here to find relaxation and to get away from the pressures and stress of everyday life. So we insist that a pleasant, welcoming, and respectful environment be maintained.
*** Remember that this board is designed for clients to find assistance with using the products - So seeing many questions and posts about needing help, does not take away from the proven efficacy of our products. This board is designed for such an exchange and that is why you may see more messages about needing help seeing results ***
In the past we received many, many complaints from our clients about negative and hostile posts intent on disparaging comments or insulting others. (Especially when these comments come from members who are not Skin Biology clients and have only posted very negative comments, it makes us wonder). For those intent on just debating, this is not the forum to do this.
We monitor postings in the effort to restore the Chat Group to a friendlier state, while we make ourselves available to answer questions as well.
OUR ULTIMATE GOAL: To return every woman's skin and hair to the way it was and the vitality it had when she was seventeen!
The Rules of Conduct for Posting and Participating on this Forum are:
1. This chat group/ messageboard is designed for the sharing of information about skin and hair care and general health issues. We welcome the exchange of opinions and desire to create an atmosphere in which everyone can be heard, ask questions, and compare experiences.
-----No post at anytime should be taken as medical advice-----
Person's whose only objective is posting negative comments will be removed...(i.e. one person had posted 65 posts ---ALL of which were negative comments--- but the person was not even a client of Skin Biology). So again, this website chat forum is primarily for Skin Biology Customers. In the past competing companies have been found targeting us and our clients and so this is what motivates us to maintain a dignified environment at our chat forum.
2. Disagreements about skin and hair care methods and general health are fine and are to be expected, but personal insults and disparaging remarks about the character of other members are not permitted. This includes posting under different names ("trolls"), or insulting another's character, beliefs, and opinions or sarcastic posts intended to insult another will not be permitted.
3. Offensive posts will be removed from the chat group. The offender may lose his/her posting privileges.
4. Spamming by posts or unsolicited emails to our forum members will not be tolerated. Neither will stealing emails for purposes of building clientele or personally contacting individual members without their given consent.
*** Spammers promoting other products will be blocked ***
5. There is a "REPORT THIS POST" button (a triangle with an exclamation mark inside) for our members to report any violations of rules of etiquette. This is how complaints can be reported instead of posting complaints directly on the board please. Report the post to Skin Biology rather than posting back and forth in a negative thread since that just causes further problems and keeps the negative discussion going. Skin Biology or Dr. Pickart will make the decision as far as if the post will be removed or if the offender will have to lose his/her posting privileges.
6. Commercial posts from distributors, manufacturers, and sales people are not permitted.
7. We highly esteem our clients and visitors and request that language used on the message board be appropriate at all times. Posts with inappropriate language (including name calling) will be removed.
8. From time to time content and feedback posted on our chat forum (since it is freely supplied to Skin Biology) may be used as testimonials or feedback in helping clients or visitors in our websites and/or literature. Supplied posts, pictures, and content become property of Skin Biology to use at our discretion. By posting feedback and/or before-and-after pictures, members agree to Skin Biology's use of their experiences.
9. Information provided when setting up member account for posting must be accurate. False or deceptive names/address/contact information is not allowed and posts will be removed.
10. We do not allow the posting of hyperlinks (i.e. direct links) to other websites. The Skin Biology Chat Forum is for discussion of Skin Biology products and client experiences only. By strict adherence of our guidelines limiting the use of links to other websites, we keep the forum free of advertisements for other companies. Post including hyperlinks are subject for editing or removal.
As far as actual posting/message content is concerned - Please remember:
Disagreements on our board are bound to occur as everyone may have a different opinion and/or experience or information to support that opinion. Scientists frequently disagree very strongly and perhaps argue. However mutual respect keeps this from getting out of hand and turning into personal attacks.
What works for one person will not always work for another. Personal attacks or accusations will not be tolerated on our chat forum. If you disagree with a person's stated opinion, a reply that "I respectfully disagree with you on this point because my opinion is..." will be sufficient. Again, back-and-forth posts do little except keep the negativity going on the board.
We would like to commend all of you who have respected us by respecting our guidelines. Dr. Pickart strongly believes that everyone should be given the opportunity to express his/her own opinion without fear that they will be attacked.
We know all of you enjoy our unique products and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.
Skin Biology has a zero-tolerance policy on repeated violations. Depending on the violation there may be 1 warning, if this is ignored, the member may lose his/her posting privileges for a certain amount of time. (Those found spamming, and/or promoting product selling, will be immediately removed). Our message board is to aid Skin Biology clients.
Skin Biology may terminate an account if it believes, at our sole discretion, that any violation of the terms of this agreement have occured, or that you have engaged in any behavior that Skin Biology believes, in our sole discretion, is harmful to the operation of the Skin Biology Chat Forum.
These "rules of etiquette" are so that all of us can continue enjoying this chat forum and we trust that these reminders will be welcomed.This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
|Powered by Social Strata|