Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Stronger, Longer Nails    Vertical Ridges? will the nail renewal product help?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vertical Ridges? will the nail renewal product help? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Will the SB Nail Renewal product help to get rid of vertical ridges?

My nails are pretty strong, but there are a few nails that have a vertical ridge down the middle. Neither creams nor cuticle oils have helped to get rid of them. I was hoping this SB nail product might. Anyone know?
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear PKH:

You can definitely try it - Here's another thread where someone else had the same question:

https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/687003...790097524#9790097524

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
thank you for that link. From reading it, it seems I should try the Super Cop cream or the Trin one, as opposed to the nail renew.

thanks!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear PKH:

Yes, Dr. Pickart does believe SRCPs (Skin Rejuvenating Copper-Peptides) are better suited for nail repair, but the Tin Peptide has worked beautifully and has replaced the CP Nail Renewal we used to carry.

You may want to read the reviews on the Tin Peptide Nail Renewal to see how it has been working for others:
http://store.reverseskinaging....ail_Renewal_p/28.htm http://store.reverseskinaging....ail_Renewal_p/28.htm

But if you have a bit of TriReduction Cream or Super Cop, why not try it on your nails and see if this helps.
Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Suboo
PKH,

I started using the original cp for nails, sample size, about a year ago to strengthen my nails.Then I changed to the tin peptide for nails when it was given as a tester. Now, besides having much stronger nails, in the process, a very deep verticle grove that extended the length of my nail is gone. I find that remarkable, because I never expected the cream to completely rejuvenate my nail.

Also, a year ago, I lost my big toenail. Today, with the addition of mostly tin peptide and occasional trireduction and cp, my toenail is good as new.

I'm sold on cp's and tin peptide. LoveThey all work. Just give them time.

Smiler
Susan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Thanks SB.

I will contact cs tom'rw and see if they can put a sample of super cop in with my order (if it hasn't left already).

Suboo (Susan)
Good to know your vertical ridge went away! Don't you just hate them? ugh! I have a very deep raised one on my pinky, and both thumbs have slight ridges (many on each thumb nail). All other nails are smooth. Weird, as I don't recall injuring any of my fingers.

So, you used mainly the new nail renew. Ok. And how often did you use the "trireduction" (which one, as I think there are a few versions?). And which cp did you use? (cream? or regular cp serum? or super cp? There are so many different products to choose from. Good, but confusing. lol ).

I guess I'm placing another order now. Smiler

Thanks! I'll wait to hear back from you before I place my order.
Picture of Suboo
quote:
Originally posted by PKH:
Ok. And how often did you use the "trireduction" (which one, as I think there are a few versions?). And which cp did you use? (cream? or regular cp serum? or super cp? There are so many different products to choose from. Good, but confusing. lol

Hi PKH,

lol is right! I used all of them. Seriously, I used P & R Classic, Tireduction with retinol, CP Serum, Super CP and SuperCop2X, just whatever I had on hand. I tend to be normal to dry so have the tri with retinol, either will work, but it was hit and miss with application of all those mentioned and I didn't start with them until about half way thru the year. But....I was religious morning and night with the tin peptide and my nails are harder and less likely to chip or split.

After reading what Dr. Pickart said, you may do better using the trireduction or super cop 2X morning and night instead of Tin peptide, since your nails are already strong. The damage may repair faster. It takes months for epidermis at the base of the nail to improve, before the nail starts growing out normal. It took a year for a completely new, perfect nail using mostly tin peptides because I was using them to build stronger, healthier nails never imagining I would get rid of the ridge also. In other words, I'm now thinking (after reading Dr. Pickart) that it was the CP's that did most of the work with rejuvenating my nails.

I will add that an experienced pedicurist told me my toenail would never be good when it grew out and they were wrong about that. That was a combination of Tin and CP's also.

HTH
Smiler
Susan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Suboo (Susan) Smiler

I already put in my other order this am, bef you replied. I'd call back now, but I think they must think I'm nuts over there, since I've called back 3 times to keep adding to my order. LOL I'll definitely order the Super Cop or SC2X, maybe next week. I totally forgot to ask customer service about sending me a sample of the super cop. darn it Frowner

I'm beginning to wonder if using anti-bacterial hand soap has maybe caused these nail ridges, now that I'm reading about how important soap pH is. Maybe the soap ruined my nail beds.

It'll be interesting to see if the CP's & Tireduction w/ Retinol will help. I do have the reg CP Serum, and I ordered the Emu Oil, Squalane, and Squalane w/Retinol. I'll try those for a bit, until I can order the products you mentioned.

All this sure is adding up, quickly! The price of beauty, I suppose. Smiler

Thanks again, Susan!
Hmm, I might put in an order for this, as I'm dealing with the same problem.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear BMan80s:

Dr. Pickart's Tin Peptide Nail Renewal is one of our unsung heros - We've had clients experience amazing results with this product!

It is definitely worth a try - Or order as a FREE Sample with purchase.

Best Wishes,
Skin Biology