Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CP Nails Formular Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I got a couple of testers for this a while ago, and didn't use it at all. About a month ago, I had an accident, where I ripped off part of the nail on my right hands and it was really painful. I have been using the stuff daily and have to say I am really impressed. The nail has grown back completely to where it used to be and feels a lot stronger. I gave one of the samples to a girlfriend, who asked me a question I didn't know the answer to so wanted to post here.

Do you recommend buffing the nail itself, and then perhaps applying CP. I think she is talking about a device similar to an emery board, but is a bit spongey and is used on the actual surface of the nail to smooth out ridges. She says she has applied it and really liked it but wanted me to double check to see if there would be any reasons why she should not do this?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Sean:

I don't know if filing would improve the effectiveness of the CP Nails, but if the buffer you are talking about is similar to this thing with 7 differently textured surfaces, then I see no harm in using it--especially if your friend uses the smoother surfaces so she doesn't wear the nail down. I've used one of those myself and they give such a beautiful shine without doing damage to the nail the way those electric buffers do. I had one of the electric ones like they have at a manicure salon and they are terrible! Not only do they burn as you're using--a sign you should quit, right? Duh!--but they leave nails paper thin and painfully sensitive. Mad
Thanks Nonie

Do you use the CP nail stuff as well?

I am just wondering if there could be any possible reasons not to use it if you have buffed the nails? Logically I am thinking its a good thing, as it removes the topmost layer so the preparation could penetrate deeper but don't know for sure.

Thank you.

Sean

quote:
Hi Sean:

I don't know if filing would improve the effectiveness of the CP Nails, but if the buffer you are talking about is similar to this thing with 7 differently textured surfaces, then I see no harm in using it--especially if your friend uses the smoother surfaces so she doesn't wear the nail down. I've used one of those myself and they give such a beautiful shine without doing damage to the nail the way those electric buffers do. I had one of the electric ones like they have at a manicure salon and they are terrible! Not only do they burn as you're using--a sign you should quit, right? Duh!--but they leave nails paper thin and painfully sensitive.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear SeanySeanUK:

Gently buffing the nail first then applying the product should be fine. Most clients have applied the product just as is, without buffing first and have noticed results.

Of course CP Nail Renewal has since been replaced with Tin Peptide Nail Renewal. But please continue to let us know how this works for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Hi Sean:

I never got to try CP Nails. I did get a Tin Peptide sample when I first ordered the stretch marks kit though. I was just going to ask where the CP Nails is on the product list, but I see Tip Peptide Nail Renewal replaced it.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The tin-peptide works better nails. The copper peptides often would also stain the nails so we made the switch to tin.