Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lesson 8 question Login/Join

posted
In lesson 8, you say that to reduce pore size, you need to supply your skin with unsaturated fats, such as omega 3. You say to apply natural biological oils to your skin to make more liquid oil that will flow out easily. My question is: Can you give some examples of natural biological oils to apply to the skin? Also, I take omega3 fish oil pills with EPA and DHA, daily. Would this help my skin? Thanks.

Posts: 51 | Location: western Canada | Registered: 11 October 2011Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear jet302:

Thanks for posting - We're glad you are closely following the Online Skin Care Courses!

You can definitely help your skin by taking fish oil supplements. But we would also recommend that you introduce more oily fish into your diet such as salmon (choose wild caught).

In addition to this, topical oils that are bio-identical to your natural skin oil such as Emu Oil will help. See our page on Biological Oils at www.reverseskinaging.com/moisturizer.html

We do not recommend applying omega 3 oils such as flaxseed oil or omega6/omega3 oils such as borage and evening primrose oils to skin, since due to their unsaturated nature they are a breeding ground for free radicals. However, you can take those oils as supplements. Avoiding saturated fats will help too.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Wish
posted Hide Post
For about a year now I have added 1/4 to 1/2 an avocado to my daily lunch, and 10 - 20 almonds a day for good fats. I have noticed a big improvement in my pore size. I use SS and 3% VIP (3 times a week) in the mornings followed by TT.

Posts: 17 | Location: Torrance CA | Registered: 03 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Wish:

Thanks for adding your comments! This is very helpful - Almonds are an easy, delicious addition to a diet.

And we agree, many have noticed that the 3% GHK Serum has a very nice mattifying effect on oily skin.

It's great to hear you've noticed an improvement in pore size with it!

Do you happen to use a particular method of exfoliation? Could this have also attributed to better pores?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your informative and helpful replies Skin Biology and Wish!

Posts: 51 | Location: western Canada | Registered: 11 October 2011Report This Post