Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Welcome to our NEW online classroom! Login/Join

Picture of Fischskin
posted Hide Post
1. What is your most asked skin care question? Does the skin actually absorb vitamin C from products and are stem cell products useful for woman over 40 if any age?

2. How would you describe your skin? some congestion in the t zone, occasionally

3. What is your best home, DIY (do-it-yourself) tip for excellent skin care? I wash my skin with organic oil and add essential oils based on my needs. I highly recommend pulling and dry brushing as a daily practice.

Posts: 1 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: 11 August 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Fischskin:

GREAT TIPS! Thanks for joining the conversation!

"Does Topical Vitamin C Absorb?"
- Dr. Pickart will probably post his thoughts on this subject. But it is good to keep in mind that the molecule is rather large and topically would be difficult to penetrate effectively. Although beneficial for skin and general health, Vitamin C is often used at low concentrations or at an inappropriate pH range in topical cream/serum formulations. As far as so-called "stem cell products" are concerned, it is important to look at independent, published studies (from reputable dermatological sources) to really comment on the veracity of other products' claims. Free free to email Dr. Pickart privately. He would be happy to share his thoughts with you - Email: drpickartchat@skinbiology.com

"Congestion in the T-Zone area"
- You'll LOVE our new monthly forum topic: Spotlight on Combination Skin Care - Tips to Properly Rejuvenate the T-Zone !

Regarding Your DIY Tips:
- Thanks for sharing these! Essential oils have been successfully used for centuries for healthier skin. One just can't argue with centuries of long term efficacy. You'll enjoy our page on Skin Health and Essential Oils.

Especially those who enjoy the use of makeup/color cosmetics may want to seriously think about the tip mentioned on our page on Protection from Color Cosmetics(under the tab "About the Condition"):

One of the best model beauty secrets for gorgeous supermodel skin is removing makeup with biological oils, a great improvement over harsh chemical makeup removers that seem to dry out the skin. Oils such as Emu Oil-S or Squalane can be used to remove eye makeup. Either one of these can be applied lightly to the area, rub gently removing even water-resistant makeup, then wash thoroughly with warm water. By removing eye makeup in this manner the skin is afforded the lipid replenishers that it needs.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am happy to know this great website with professional experts like you . I am passionate to learn any thing about skin . I have taken many courses in skin care in my country but i feel they are not sufficient to learn every thing about it . What i like about this course that it is so scientific . Finally , keep up this great work .
My QUESTION is does skin dryness affect on skin darkening and how ?

Posts: 9 | Location: Egypt  | Registered: 02 October 2015Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Care Lover:

Great question! Here is Dr. Anna Margolina's reply:

"When the skin is dry it often looks darker. There are two reasons for this. First, the dehydrated keratinous scales in the upper layer start reflecting light differently and the skin loses its glow and appears more dull. Second, when dermis and epidermis become dehydrated, the water-holding gel between cells shrinks and once again, it changes the way your skin reflects light. Well-hydrated skin appears lighter (even in darker-skinned individuals), but most importantly, it has very distinct healthy glow."

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Biology:
Dear Skin Care Lover:

Great question! Here is Dr. Anna Margolina's reply:

"When the skin is dry it often looks darker. There are two reasons for this. First, the dehydrated keratinous scales in the upper layer start reflecting light differently and the skin loses its glow and appears more dull. Second, when dermis and epidermis become dehydrated, the water-holding gel between cells shrinks and once again, it changes the way your skin reflects light. Well-hydrated skin appears lighter (even in darker-skinned individuals), but most importantly, it has very distinct healthy glow."

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation . Can i ask , should each lesson be sent every Tuesday only , once a week , not more ?

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Care Lover:

Right now, we're just sending each lesson weekly (on Tuesdays).

We wanted to avoid sending the lessons too close together (or more than once a week) - Many clients find that their email Inbox can quickly become cluttered. So we wanted to avoid getting "lost in email" by sending lessons too often.

Do you think you'd enjoy them more frequently? Or less frequently? Or do you feel the current once-a-week schedule is a good balance?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Biology:
Dear Skin Care Lover:

Right now, we're just sending each lesson weekly (on Tuesdays).

We wanted to avoid sending the lessons too close together (or more than once a week) - Many clients find that their email Inbox can quickly become cluttered. So we wanted to avoid getting "lost in email" by sending lessons too often.

Do you think you'd enjoy them more frequently? Or less frequently? Or do you feel the current once-a-week schedule is a good balance?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Dear Skin Biology ,

Thanks for your prompt replay . I find it is more balanced if two lessons are sent per week , so we can study , follow and do not wait too much for the following one . But also it is fine with the current system .

Finally , thank you for theses genius and useful lessons . I cannot wait to finish them all . I have many questions , but i am just waiting to finish all of them , may be i find my answers there . Also , i am looking forward to being able to try your products soon .

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Care Lover,

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!

So many have commented about how appreciative they are to have this information that prepares and educates them on how to take care of their skin...many share it with family/friends.

We will be in touch on any changes to the scheduling of the courses. But we are definitely taking into consideration your great feedback - Thank you!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Biology ,

Today is the 10th session and last session for me . I wanna thank you first and really i was lucky to know your website . it is a great add for anyone is interested in skin understanding . I feel i do not wanna finish it to increase from your wide knowledge . The course was really comprehensible , detailed objective information . In every lesson , i still understand new points and know the biology of skin deeply and all skin problems , reasons and analysis which are the great and special thing in this course , distinguishing it from others , but i feel it missed the topic and analysis of the over pigmentation ,not unified skin color , dark spots and others related to this topic . It lacks deep skin analysis for this important problem in my opinion .

Finally ,Thank you i enjoyed the course a lot and really appreciative for both of you , doctors , I wish to go forward and be the best .

Best Wishes

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Care Lover:

GREAT FEEDBACK!!

Yes, for future revisions of the course we do need to know if there are particular lessons that should have had more detail (or perhaps less detail?), which lessons were more successful, and which ones should be updated per current client issues and concerns.

We hope to have more information on skin hyperpigmentation, dark spots, melasma, etc in the future - We will definitely take into consideration your thoughts.

Thank you for sharing!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Biology ,

Thank you for your replay . i wanna ask another question if you please , is rejuvenation a moisturization or they are different ? Does moisturizer nourish the skin as well or just provide it with water and fat ?

Thanks

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Care Lover:

Yes, rejuvenation and moisturization are two separate processes.

Skin rejuvenation should include methods to lock-in and preserve moisture and water-holding proteins...but true skin rejuvenation should do much more.

Simple moisturization might add skin lipids back - But may be limited to accomplishing real skin rejuvenation (anti-aging).

The process of aging takes a major toll on skin moisturization, but many other deleterious effects take place as well (changes in elasticity, tone, texture, etc).

That is why we feel more than a great moisturizer is needed to address the all the concerns of aging. In this respect, copper peptides are much more than simple moisturizers.

A moisturizer can nourish dry skin but more may be needed.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
I am very excited. Does this course end with a certification or diploma of some sort?

Posts: 2 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: 15 February 2016Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Queen1:

What a wonderful idea!

Currently it does not... But what clients have been learning in the course has helped them understand their skin as never before (think: your own private lessons in biochemistry and advanced skin biology).

We will be updating some of the course material - So it may be a course you'll want to sign up to review more than once!

Best Wishes,
Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Biology ,

As you know , i am passionate about the scientific study of skin and as long as i have had a great benefit from your especial course , so i am totally encouraging the idea . Please let me know about the details of the new course when you make it .. Like when will it be and if there is a fees for how much? to see if i can afford it or not .

Thanks Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Care Lover,

posted Hide Post
Excellent idea! Looking forward to the next courses!

Posts: 2 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: 15 February 2016Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Care Lover:

Please let me know about the details of the new course when you make it .. Like when will it be and if there is a fees for how much?

Skin Care Lover:

We too are passionate about the science of skincare! We believe that accessible knowledge on how to best take care of your skin should be without charge.

Our FREE Online Skin Care Courses are without any cost at all - We plan to update the course material soon.

We'll send the registrants who went through the first 10 weeks of tips an email to let them know how to log in and view the new courses once they are prepared.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Dear Skin Biology ,

Wonderful! It is like a platonic world , this really does not exist in our world Smiler . So , i really appreciate you and your efforts . Also , i cannot wait to read the new course . I know it will be awesome as usual . Thanks a lot Smiler

posted Hide Post
1. What is your most asked skin care question?

I have sensitive skin and using AHAs has caused my skin to react with redness and small red spots. What else can I use to exfoliate my skin?

2. How would you describe your skin?

Dry and sensitive with broken capillaries on my cheeks, and lots of visible sun damage

3. What is your best home, DIY (do-it-yourself) tip for excellent skin care?

Thoroughly cleaning my skin at night is the most important step in my beauty routine. No other products can work properly unless my skin is clean

Posts: 2 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: 31 December 2008Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear chook88:

Welcome! Thanks for joining the conversation - We'd be more than happy to help answer some of your questions.

Exfoliation and sensitive skin:
Yes, it can be a challenge to effectively break down damage if your skin is very sensitive. Some with extremely sensitive skin simply rely on their natural loss of dead skin cells and avoid manual or hydroxy acid exfoliators altogether. Others are able to use a mild BHA (like 2% Exfol Serum). This can be used 2-3 times a week, or even less often, depending on a person's sensitivity.

Others with sensitive skin, but still in need of exfoliation, have found our microdermabrasion cloths to be a great compromise. With these cloths you decide where to concentrate and how soft or gentle to be in certain areas. Just by using it super lightly, it may give those with more sensitive skin better control over gently taking care of their skin.

We hope this helps you on your healthy skin journey!

p.s. And thanks for the tip on cleansing the skin properly - That is a very good point!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology