New
Find
Notify
Tools
Welcome to our NEW online classroom! Login/Join

Picture of Nathalie
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
As I am thinking of switching from my actual skin care to Skin Biology products, I think I should start with Super GHK-Copper Cream or Serum at first, then move on to stronger version...

In any case, I sent an e-mail to my Personal Skin Consultant yesterday giving more description of my skin in detail, so I look forward to hearing from her.
Then I am going to buy what are needed for me together with some hair care products.

Posts: 19 | Location: Tokyo | Registered: 08 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Adria-Alexis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimba:
Hi Kimba, what product do you take, and where can it be purchased

I did a lot of research on Resveratrol before buying it looking for the best one. I finally settled on Longevinex Advantage. There is also a regular
Longevinex but the Advantage adds ingredients for skin(!!) so for me it's worth paying a little more. Check it out and see what you think... It can be purchased at http://www.longevinexadvantage.com/

Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Adria-Alexis,

Posts: 16 | Location: Here | Registered: 17 September 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Nathalie:

Thanks for posting - Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going for you as you take the best care of your skin and health from the inside (supplements/diet), out (topical copper-peptide products).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Wish
posted Hide Post
Just completed lesson 2, after reading Mistake #3 "Overloading your skin with chemicals", I feel like may have been damaging my skin because I don't know what to look for when reading ingredients. I have to admit that whenever I see ingredients calling out plant extracts I assumed they where safe.

I've been using for years now a Dead Sea mud mask, it only consists of 2 ingredients: Dead Sea mud (sit), aloe Vera (barbadensis). Dead Sea mud claims to be enriched with minerals. Should I stop using this?

I've started using AM SS Solution, & TTT. PM Lactic power 10. I'll turn 53 in a couple of months, and I've always had oily skin. I'm not sure what if anything I should add to this. Is TTT considered a moisturizer?

I'd appreciate any advise.

Posts: 17 | Location: Torrance CA | Registered: 03 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Wish:

Welcome and thanks for posting!

We'll ask Dr. Pickart specifically what he thinks about use of "Dead Sea mud" as a mask. Aloe vera barbadensis is used in many of our own ingredients and has a long history of successful use on the skin.

For your oily skin concerns you'll especially love one of the upcoming lessons on how to manage and regulate your skin type. So be sure to keep an eye out for that one!

Your current regimen of Skin Signals Solution (particularly effective for oily skin types) and Two Timing Tightener is perfect as a simple but effective morning regimen.

Two Timing Tightener, although it contains a bit of aloe vera is not a moisturizer. For your skin type it might be fine just to use TTT without anything on top. Typically, it's best for those with oily skin to keep their regimen super simple (without layering too much); your skin will actually respond better to this method.

And Lactic Power 10 is good in the evening for exfoliation and to add some lipids and antioxidants back to your skin at night.

As we approach winter, if you notice your skin is forming drier patches in some areas, you can apply a tiny bit of Emu Oil on top of the Skin Signals in the morning. Or better yet, apply a bit of Day Cover on top of Skin Signals very lightly. The lipids in the Day Cover cream are just enough to add great moisturization without giving an oily sheen.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm exited to have signed up for courses from SkinBiology. I've read 10 secret powers for more beautiful skin a couple of times, and find it very helpful. Even though I've learned quite a bit from Dr. Pickart's book and here on the forums, I continue to learn more about how our skin functions and what we can do for our skin that may help or hurt it.

Now that winter is approaching, my skin gets tighter and craves more moisture ( I live in Minnesota) but I am afraid to give it too much moisture, especially during the week while I'm at work, because I don't want to end up looking like a huge greaseball.

I wear mineral make-up and use a mild soap for cleansing at night only, such as Vanicream or Dr. Pickart's cleanser, followed by the 3% GHK cream... which I am loving SO much! I find that I do not need to cleanse my face in the morning, because I only apply a light amount of the GHK cream after washing my face at night and wake up with perfectly hydrated skin, ready for make-up application. I don't want to over cleanse, especially in the winter. Should I still cleanse and re-apply a moisturizer in the morning?

The appearance of my burn marks have improved much over the years using derma rollers, TriReduction, Squalane with retinol, P&R Day Cover, CP Serum, Super Cop, etc; however, when winter comes around and I tone down my regimen to only a couple of milder skin care items, my skin still feels more dry and my blemishes appear worse. Why is this?

Also, I see tiny little hairs growing where scar tissue was, but it appears that my scars are going through another phase after over three years!? The one scar that looks deepest, is unfortunately in a fatty spot... the nasolobial fold of my left cheek, so I feel that may make this particular scar look worse than it really is. I'm thinking that just getting the skin to firm up would help, because I'm at the age where my cheeks are beginning to sag a little, and I do smile a lot, so that doesn't help. I have Two Timing Tightener, but I cannot bear the strong seaweed smell, so I've not used it but a couple of times, because the scent lingers all day.

Anyway, if there's anything you could suggest I try or change in my regimen, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you SkinBiology and Dr. Pickart! Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 140 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 12 September 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a little confused as it seems alot of online information is completely contradictory..I was especially horrified to discover my layering on sunscreen was actually damaging my skin. I am definitely open to learning, but it surely seems like skincare is like diets..Not everything works exactly the same way for each individual.

Posts: 5 | Location: jacksonville | Registered: 14 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear mgc1976:

Yes. It is very true that what works for one will not necessarily work for all.

Especially on this forum will visitors sometimes notice that we may suggest one method for one person and a different method for another.

What we might take into consideration are the specific goals and skin type of the individual or even perhaps advancements in research that may shed new light on how to better improve the look of the skin.

We're glad to have you with us!

Best Wishes,
-Skim Biology

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear pinkdervish:

Thanks for posting your questions. Dr. Pickart will probably post his comments/suggestions shortly.

First, you make a great point about avoiding overwashing of the skin. A gentle cleanse with water in the morning is sufficient. And then you can fully cleanse your skin with Dr. Pickart's Cleanser at the end of the day.

If you avoid overstripping the protective oils and proteins, your skin should stay better moisturized during the dry winter months. You can use a little bit of moisturizer after your Super GHK Cream in the morning if needed.

The drier winter air may be causing some changes in the feel of your skin. So although it's fine to "tone down your regimen", be sure to keep up with the basics: Effective copper-peptide cream. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. And moisturize with biological oils.

Is your skin going through another rejuvenation phase? Could be. The beauty of skin, copper-peptides, and a good regimen is that the goal is to keep things continually rejuvenating. Challenge your skin by adjusting the regimen as needed.

Your skin seems to be responding exceptionally well pinkdervish. Keep going - Feel free to contact us for further suggestions along the way! Smiler

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
1. What is your most asked skin care question?

How do I get rid of my incipient turkey neck?

2. How would you describe your skin?

Formerly oily, now T-zone oily.

3. What is your best home, DIY (do-it-yourself) tip for excellent skin care?

Coconut oil under the eyes and on neck; useful as a hair conditioner also.

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 05 November 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear belcanto:

Thanks for joining - Great to have you with us!

Neck skin can be quite tricky to deal with (depending on how much physical loose skin there is in this area).

On our Before and After Picture Page you'll see a gentleman who experienced some great results on his neck skin incorporating some facial exercies and copper-peptides.

By far, clients have had good success using our BND Cream (for Neck and Decolletage) for visibly firmer and radiant skin, espeically if this area has become very thin and crepey.

Also we thank you for listing your DIY tips!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
MY most asked skin care question is how to reduce wrinkling and sagging, especially around the eyes. I have crow's feet and slight creping- around the eyes- i have white Irish skin which is thinner than I would like so it wrinkles easier. The skin around the eyes is my most important area I would like to see improved. However, I do not want to use Botox. There are forehead lines and a frown line in between the brows. I also would like increased tone and elasticity overall as my collagen has decreased. I am 45 years old and have been on antibiotics for several months for Lyme disease which has been impacting my skin- even though I am on copious amounts of probiotics. Best tip for skin care is probably LED light therapy to improve skin elasticity- 440 nm and 660 nm. However, I have not done it often as I am looking for a unit that will do my whole face at once.

Posts: 1 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 08 January 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone

I have a question in regards to the mid November newletter I just received yesterday. In the Scientifically Speaking section it is mentioned that for very dry skin to use bioheal and squalane oil.

1- I thought bioheal was just for rejuvenation of damage. I thought I read somewhere that it should only be used in that situtaution.

2- If you use the bioheal, do you stop using (for me) VIP ghk cream?

3- What is bioheal? What makes it different from the VIP GHK cream? I thought that all the creams were basically the same but just differing amounts of copper, in that they get stronger and stronger.

Posts: 4 | Location: Somewhere outdoors | Registered: 28 February 2012Report This Post
Picture of Wish
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I have just completed lesson 6, and I have a few questions.
1. As far as a body moisturizer, what is the difference between using Calypso's oil and Protect & Restore body lotion?

2. I'm currently using Skin signals solution (I have oily skin). My question is what is the difference between SS and the 3% VIP Luxury cream? I thought creams where better for normal to dry skin.

3. I am currently using Lactic Power 10 for exfoliation. Is this the correct exfoliator for oily skin? Do you have one that is stronger, I feel I could use something a little stronger.

4. Based on my age (53 next month) what I take from this skin care course is that I should start chemical peels. Is it ok to use retinal in squalane oil after a peel?

I'm trying to figure out my next purchase, so any help with the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

posted Hide Post
Hi Wish:
I'm also 53 and have been using SRCP's 2-years now and am still learning...but to help answer your questions:

1. Calypso's Oil is squalene oil (no SRCP's in it). A great moisturizer.

Protect and Restore Body Lotion is squalene oil with copper peptides in it (hence the green color).

2. Generally, I believe the new 3% VIP Luxury Cream is stronger/higher level of SRCP's then the Skin Signals. Both contain first and second generation copper peptides. A distinctive feature of GHK (2nd generation) copper peptides is that they seem to smooth the appearance of blemished areas.

3. There are two types of hydroxy acids: alpha and beta. These acids exfoliate dead skin cells from the surface allowing for an increase in skin cell turnover.

Our Lactic Power 10 cream is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which is derived from milk. It has been found that people with a softer texture and healthier skin appearance use AHA regularly. Some people however experience more irritation with AHAs. Our Exfol Cream and Exfol Serum employ the use of Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), which was originally derived from willow trees. BHA is more effective in exfoliating the deeper dermal skin layers, and may be less irritating.
Our LacSal Serum and LacSal Cream contains both AHA and BHA.

It takes around eight weeks to see an improvement with daily use of AHA, and about twelve weeks with daily uses of BHA.

Be patient and you will see results. Since we are 53, our skin will renew a bit slower then younger skin.

4. Retinol can increase skin oils and lead to breakouts. But retinol is normally helpful.

It's my opinion, that consistent use of the exfoliating acids and SRCP's with the biological oils for moisturizing are kinder, gentler then an overly aggressive chemical peel.

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 April 2012Report This Post
Picture of Wish
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hollychik for your reply. Based on your comment:

4. Retinol can increase skin oils and lead to breakouts. But retinol is normally helpful.

I believe that I should stay away from retinal since I have very oily skin.

I'll stick with the lactic power 10 for now, and try out the protect & Restore body lotion. Once I'm through with my current SS ill try the VIP Luxury cream.

Thanks so much for your help. Smiler

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willow108:
MY most asked skin care question is how to reduce wrinkling and sagging, especially around the eyes... The skin around the eyes is my most important area I would like to see improved. However, I do not want to use Botox...

Best tip for skin care is probably LED light therapy to improve skin elasticity- 440 nm and 660 nm. However, I have not done it often as I am looking for a unit that will do my whole face at once.

Dear willow108:

Welcome and thanks for joining us!

You'll be happy to know that later on in your online skincare course we tackle the subject of How to Rejuvenate and Brighten Your Eyes, so stay tuned. That particular lesson will have some never-before-published tips on how to visibly start affecting this area that many of us want smoother and firmer.

Also, thanks for the tip about LED light therapy. That's very interesting.

Have you ever tried combining that method with a copper-peptide serum before treatment? CP Serum works really well.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ~Snowwhite~:
Hello everyone

I have a question in regards to the mid November newletter I just received yesterday. In the Scientifically Speaking section it is mentioned that for very dry skin to use bioheal and squalane oil.

1- I thought bioheal was just for the rejuvenation of damage. I thought I read somewhere that it should only be used in that situtaution.

2- If you use the bioheal, do you stop using (for me) VIP ghk cream?

3- What is bioheal? What makes it different from the VIP GHK cream? I thought that all the creams were basically the same but just differing amounts of copper, in that they get stronger and stronger.

Dear ~Snowwhite~:

!. Actually, BioHeal cannot be applied on open wounds or sores. It was originally designed for "at-risk" skin. But this cream, which we describe as a "nourishing cream that mimics the lipid content of young skin with its special blend of squalane and cholesterol/lanosterol esters... moisturizing aloe vera" is actually perfect for chronic dry skin issues. Especially when used with a biological oil.

2. A client would use either BioHeal OR the VIP Luxury Cream at a given time. No need to use both. Test and see what works best for you. Or use at opposite ends of the day. Some clients use the VIP Cream in the morning and BioHeal at night.

3. The difference between BioHeal and 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream is that BioHeal is based on 2nd Generation mixed copper-peptides and is designed to provide relief to "problem skin" that is fragile. It differs greatly as far as its formula since it contains camphor and menthol (so that it has a mild cooling affect) and it does not contain any GHK.

Whereas the 3% GHK VIP Cream was specifically designed to assist in anti-aging skin rejuvenation. This cream is ultra moisturizing due to its formulation, but does not contain camphor or menthol and is solely based on a high concentration of 1st Generation copper-peptides: GHK.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wish:
I have a few questions.
1. As far as a body moisturizer, what is the difference between using Calypso's oil and Protect & Restore body lotion?

2. I'm currently using Skin signals solution (I have oily skin). My question is what is the difference between SS and the 3% VIP Luxury cream? I thought creams where better for normal to dry skin.

3. I am currently using Lactic Power 10 for exfoliation. Is this the correct exfoliator for oily skin? Do you have one that is stronger, I feel I could use something a little stronger.

4. Based on my age (53 next month) what I take from this skin care course is that I should start chemical peels. Is it ok to use retinal in squalane oil after a peel?

Dear Wish:

Thanks for posting your questions!

1. The difference between Calypso's Youth Factor Oils and P&R Body Lotion is that the Body Lotion is fortified with copper-peptides. Calypso's Oil does not contain any copper-peptides and is only a moisturizing oil with the focus being alleviating dry skin while adding pheromone fragrance. The Body Lotion is available in the exact same pheromone fragrances as Calypso's, but the focus is on the addition of copper-peptides for enhancing body skin beyond simple moisturization.

2. The difference between Skin Signals Cream and the VIP Luxury Cream is that although Skin Signals contains a light amount of GHK it is based on 2nd Generation mixed copper-peptides and is designed specifically to address the concerns of sagging skin. Skin Signals is the only product of ours that contains the unique combination of copper-peptides mixed with enzymatically hydrolyzed peptides of collagen and elastin.

Whereas the 3% GHK VIP Cream was specifically designed to assist in ALL anti-aging concerns. It also seems to work well for improving skin laxity, but it is solely based on a high concentration of 1st Generation copper-peptides: GHK.

For oily skin, we recommend use of oil-free light serums. So you can definitely continue to use your Skin Signals Solution, which comes in a light aqueous spray.

3. The perfect exfoliator for oily skin would be LacSal Serum. To read about the differences between all of our exfoliators, see our post at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...541044056#1541044056 - What Is the Difference Between All of Our Exfoliators (at a glance)?

4. Our page on Post-Peel Skin Care will prepare you for what to use to enhance your results if you do decide to get a chemical peel. We actually recommend just regular Squalane or Emu Oil rather than using Retinol in Squalane.

But please keep in touch and let us know how things continue to work for you!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear HollyChik:

Welcome! And thank you for your responses - AWESOME.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology