Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Welcome to our NEW online classroom! Login/Join

Picture of Skin Biology
posted
If you have joined our new online miniature course "Intelligent Skin Care", we welcome you! Your first lesson will begin in a few days.

Be sure to become a member and log on here so you can meet your other classmates and discuss what you are learning during your personalized online course directed by a biochemist Dr. Loren Pickart and biologist Anna Margolina.

Interested in signing up? There's still an opportunity to register.

All registrants qualify for entry into our free gift giveaway!

We look forward to starting this year's session together with HEALTHY SKIN as the goal.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear visitors/registrants,

Sign in and post with your answer to the following questions:

1. What is your most asked skin care question?

2. How would you describe your skin?

3. What is your best home, DIY (do-it-yourself) tip for excellent skin care?

Your course material is designed to outline the biology of your skin, how it responds to what you apply on it, and simple tips you can start using today for a fresher, firmer dermis.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of dreamsnpink
posted Hide Post
How long should I expect things to be worse before they get better with CP? I struggle with this!
My skin is getting blotchy with pigmentation. This happened when I got new medication. Frowner Being in my mid-30s, I'm starting to get saggy skin around my mouth. Oh my goodness!!!
3. What is your best home DIY tip for excellent skin care?
Exercise helps your skin so much!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dreamsnpink,

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 September 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling annoyed with myself that I forgot to get involved with the first few classes. I am registered. When will Dr Pickart be running the next one, or can I play catch up?

:-)

Posts: 35 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 January 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
PS. I am a Beauty Therapist, but I'm sure that there is plenty that I can learn. :-P

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
It's no problem at all kimba! Good to have you with us.

Once your registration has been accepted you will receive the full course in the order in which it has been prepared. So don't worry, you won't miss a lesson.

Every Tuesday your course lessons will arrive in your inbox... Besides providing awesome tips for the health of your skin directly from a biochemist and a biologist, these lessons will allow you to interact with other course participants.

Please carefully review the course materials. Abbreviated to accommodate our busy lifestyles, they are short, do not take very long to study, and will only come once a week.

Most likely, there will be a brief examination at the end of the 10 weeks where participants will have the chance to win prizes/care package from Skin Biology.

Thank you for signing up - ENJOY!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, it was easier than I thought! Thumbs UP!

I'm looking forward to it. Bravo!

posted Hide Post
[quote]1. What is your most asked skin care question?

How do you keep your skin looking so young.

Or, if I was to ask my most burning question at this point it would be: Even though the mechanism of rejuvenation is generally the same, would a hypertrophic blemish be generally easier/quicker to eliminate compared to atrophic scarring, as one might be collagen that has been affected, presumably making the effectiveness of any resurfacing technique a little harder (depending on the the depth of the damage), whereas the hypertrophic mark is just an overgrowth of collagen, generally speaking?

At 45, pretty good, minimal lines etc., although I am trying to treat some areas of hypo pigmentation, caused by a laser & also would like to see some more firming around my eyes & some general face plumping...is that too much to ask, lol. Love Also trying to treat a hypertrophic chest scar (from a Fraxel laser) & some other flat white scarring marks on the surrounding area from the same procedure. Roll Eyes

At the moment, Resveratrol, which has had a positive effect on my skin, hair & nails. Hmmm, not really do it yourself is it. :-P

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

posted Hide Post
Hi,
I'm interested in resveratrol in diy skincare. Are you ingesting in pill form or using it topically in diy skincare?

Posts: 3 | Location: Maine | Registered: 30 March 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Lorene,

I am taking it in tablet form at the moment (it's blister packed) as I believe that the product degrades otherwise. I always look for reviews on these things, as not all products are equal.

Picture of Wish
posted Hide Post
I am taking it in tablet form at the moment (it's blister packed) as I believe that the product degrades otherwise. I always look for reviews on these things, as not all products are equal

Hi Kimba, what product do you take, and where can it be purchased

Posts: 17 | Location: Torrance CA | Registered: 03 October 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone!

1- Well I have so many questions not sure where to start! But for sure I wonder if its possible to have the same texture of skin that I have on my cheeks around my chin area? It's seems around the mouth the pores are much more noticeable than the cheek area. I would love to improve this area!

2- I have always had nice skin even as teenager. Even my dermatologist has complemented me on my skin (I see him once in awhile for Botox for my frown lines). I never did anything for my skin until I was 49 and then thought wow better start doing something. Since then I have noticed a brighter complexion and definitely smaller pore size. I am very happy with this but I am starting to get fussy, almost to the point of obsession to keep trying to make improvements.

3- It could be good genes or abit of both but I have exercised and had a very good diet for most of my life. Also I beleive that not wearing make up has helped. I have also worn out many a baseball cap and used sunscreen.

Posts: 4 | Location: Somewhere outdoors | Registered: 28 February 2012Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear ~Snowwhite~:

Thanks for telling us a little bit more about yourself - Sounds like you have beautiful skin and are looking to keep it that way!

We particularly enjoyed your recommendation of protective clothing (baseball cap). And feel free to join the club, all of us here are obsessed with skin and how best to care for it. Smiler

It does seem to be fairly common that the skin on certain areas of the face can be quite vary greatly.

Some find the texture/feel of skin on the T-Zone (center part of the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin) to be prone to certain issues such as enlarged pores.

It's specifically for these areas that we have certain recommendations proven to minimize the appearance of pores outlined at: www.reverseskinaging.com/pores.html

Try dabbing on a bit of Balance Zone and/or LacSal Serum on your chin area every night and see if this keeps the pores tight.

Good to have you with us!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Hello

Yes I have purchased lascal and I believe exfol too but as of yet I have not tried them. I will give it a go for sure! I have just reordered so I will try to get the balancer on the next order. I also have the emu oil and I am trying the new copper cream.

Question-I like to use vitamin c in the am, where does this fit in? It's a very mild vit. C it has none of the other stronger acids in it.

Posts: 4 | Location: Somewhere outdoors | Registered: 28 February 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I just re read your response and since you recommend the lascal at night my question is now where do I fit the retin a cream in? It's is the mildest one (0.01) and I try to use it nightly.

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear ~Snowwhite~:

Excellent! Enjoy your products.

Here are some tips: Try alternating your vitamin C product with your copper-peptides (although not specifically necessary). Or continue using it in the AM and then use our hydroxy acid + copper peptides in the evening. Some clients even use the two back-to-back. There's no hard and fast rules on that. To start though, we might recommend alternating it with your copper-peptide product.

The same is true for hydroxy acid leave-on products and your retinoic acid product: Alternate in the evening. One evening Retin A / Next evening leave-on hydroxy acid.

See how your skin does with those adjustments. Smiler

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

posted Hide Post
Hi Kimba, what product do you take, and where can it be purchased[/QUOTE]

Hi Wish,

I am taking Resveratrol from 'Ethical Nutrients', however this is an Australian product, so you are probably better to do a little research on the web. From what I understand, you want a high purity of trans- resveratrol. The dosage varies also, but I think to get a 'maximum' benefit from the product(has positive effects on muscles etc), you should take around 2g (2000mg), but, as it can get quite expensive, you can still get some benefits from taking a lesser dose. I hope this helps.

Picture of Nathalie
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I was young, I used to have suntan quite often as I wanted to have darker skin colour, but after 30 years old, I stopped it and I have been trying to avoid as much sun's ray as possible. I am now 50 years old, I have least visible hyper-pigmentation on the surface. My concern is how to prevent the buried hyper-pigmentation appear on the surface. Is it possible?

My skin is between normal and oily skin. I have some deep expression lines on the forehead. Overall I do not have a big problem.

[/LIST]

Walking 45 minutes every evening after supper and try to have a good sleep. Minimum alcohol and no smoking.

-Skin Biology

Posts: 19 | Location: Tokyo | Registered: 08 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Wish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimba:
Hi Kimba, what product do you take, and where can it be purchased

Hi Wish,

I am taking Resveratrol from 'Ethical Nutrients', however this is an Australian product, so you are probably better to do a little research on the

web. From what I understand, you want a high purity of trans- resveratrol. The dosage varies also, but I think to get a 'maximum' benefit from the product(has positive effects on muscles etc), you should take around 2g (2000mg), but, as it can get quite expensive, you can still get some benefits from taking a lesser dose. I hope this helps.

:-)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kimba

Posts: 17 | Location: Torrance CA | Registered: 03 October 2013Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Nathalie:

WONDERFUL DIY tips! Thanks for sharing.

Buried skin damage does have to surface in order to truly fade.

You actually want it to appear on the surface so that you can gently exfoliate it off.

It's a give-and-take system where you want to effectively push things up (with copper-peptide topicals) and at the same time slough damage off (using a method of exfoliation).

If you don't already have a skin care regimen to address this issue, please try one of the following:

Normal-to-dry skin type
AM - Protect & Restore with High Retinol
pM - LacSal Cream

Combination-to-oily skin type
AM - Super CP Serum
PM - LacSal Serum

Use this regimen for a good 4-6 weeks to help fade discoloration and hyperpigmentation.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology