New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sodium Lareth Sulphate Login/Join

Picture of Aimoss
posted   Report This Post  
Hi Dr Pickart!
I love your Foligen shampoo & how it makes my hair feel, I am just concerned about it contain SLS, are you planning to produce a shampoo without this , I have a reaction to SLS where it touches my forehead. If you aren't would I get a similar effect by adding CP's to a non SLS shampoo?
Thank you in advance
Aimee
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Aimoss:

Dr. Pickart will probably post a response to your question in time regarding if he will ever formulate a shampoo without sodium laureth sulfate.

However, in the meantime visitors may want to review our page on What is Sodium Laureth Sulfate?

Information on our product ingredients can be found at the following pages:
Skin Biology Product Ingredients
Dr. Pickart's Approach to Making Skin Products

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
I love the shampoo and conditioner. I've tried other "healthy shampoos" and the viscosity is awful. You can't even spread the stuff around. I hope that if Dr. Pickart does ever create a new shampoo, that it has the same nice viscosity and if it doesn't, I hope he still offers the old one with SLS.
Picture of stoney
I too LUV Folligen for my hair... Love.. The Shampoo is very gentle & the Condioner has become my all-time favorite... Big Grin... Even with my mid-legnth hair, you only need a little to detangle & condition. I use the spray a couple of times a week on my scalp & may hair seems happy!

Also take 1,000 mg of MSM for both my skin & hair.
I thought sodium LAURYL sulfate was the bad one and LAURETH was okay.

I spend a small fortune for blonde highlights and would be afraid to use any shampoo that wasn't guaranteed color safe. That would be money down the drain for me.
I have highlights too and use the L'Oreal Everpure line. It has no sulfates, cleans and lathers well, leaves the hair in great condition and doesn't change the color. Much better than those health food store type products that don't lather. They make different lines for moisture, volume and smoothing. Available in drugstores.

A lot of shampoos for color treated hair also have sulphates, but I feel more comfortable using this. Still trying to find a good sulfate free body wash. Most don't lather well.