Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Grey Hair Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
i have alot of grey hairs popping up randomly (not from age) and i want to know if there is any Skinbio product that can help get rid of them. its not my entire head, they are scattered randomly throughout. if so, which product is it and how does it help the grey hairs?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hair color is produced from the amino acid tyrosine. An copper containing enzyme, tyrosinase, converts tyrosine into hair pigments.

The extra copper supplied by the copper peptides does often restore hair color. Without sufficient copper in the skin, no pigments are produced.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
Hair color is produced from the amino acid tyrosine. An copper containing enzyme, tyrosinase, converts tyrosine into hair pigments.

The extra copper supplied by the copper peptides does often restore hair color. Without sufficient copper in the skin, no pigments are produced.

so again, which product would i use and how would i apply it?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Folligen Solution can be applied to the scalp at night. You only need a small amount.

Folligen often bring back hair color. On totally white hair, it often brings back a blond hair.
My grandmother takes seaweed (which is high in iodine) to keep her hair as dark as possible.

Is copper, like iodine, an oxidant, and therefore you shouldn't take it at the same time as vit. C or any other antioxidant? Just wondering.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Copper peptides are anti-oxidants. But free ionic copper is an oxidant.

GHK-Cu, the SRCP in your blood has a huge number of anti-inflammatory actions.

GHK-Cu stops the inflammatory condition by increasing the antioxidant proteins superoxide dismutase and decorin. It increases vascular vasodilation by binding to angiotensin II and inhibiting thromboxane formation. It suppresses damage by oxygen radicals and reactive carbonyl species, the release of oxidizing iron from ferritin, TGF-beta-1, TNF-alpha, and protein glycation. It blocks ultraviolet damage to skin keratinocytes and the oxidation of low-density lipoproteins. It improves fibroblast recovery after X-ray treatments.

As for vitamin C and copper peptides. I once suggested people use them at different times but some women say they use a copper peptides and vitamin C products at the same time and their skin is beautiful.
OK; thank you...

OK, so whether nutritionally combined or, as you've said regarding the topical use of it, copper as an oxidant is okay to combine with antioxidants.

Got it.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The oxidant type of copper is free ionic copper.

But you will rarely use anything like this and it would be very irritating.

The copper peptides are very powerful anti-oxidants.
Picture of Flicka
Dr. Pickart. I always wanted to know why the hair on our heads turns gray sometimes as early as our late 20's, whereas our eyebrows/eyelashes/body hair doesn't, until we are much older ie..like 70 yrs old (I'm thinking of my mom) ?

thanks Flicka
Picture of Dr. Pickart
I have thought about why some young people have gray hair so soon.

One possibility is that many people take too much zinc and this drives out the copper. We need both metals but they need to be in a balance of about 7 parts zinc and 1 part copper.

Copper is the metal in tyrosinase that creates hair pigments. Without enough copper, hair will lose its color.
Picture of Flicka
Thanks Dr. Pickart. I have read testimonials that taking a copper colloidal solution has helped people regain their natural colour back. I was also told this by a lady in a health food store years ago who sweared by it. Even though I didn't try it because of the fear of toxicity, I did note that she was in her 50's and her hair was completely black. Still, you didn't say why the hair on our bodies doesn't get gray nearly way as fast.. I wonder if the pigments are different ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
In high mountain areas, people often drink water generated from glacial debris. This has a very high mineral content. A friend of mine was studying aging in such high mountain areas. He said the water was turbid and almost undrinkable but old people were very healthy and usually had pigmented, dark hair.
Picture of amirpana
quote:
Originally posted by Flicka:
Dr. Pickart. I always wanted to know why the hair on our heads turns gray sometimes as early as our late 20's, whereas our eyebrows/eyelashes/body hair doesn't, until we are much older ie..like 70 yrs old (I'm thinking of my mom) ?

thanks Flicka
I think the hair on our heads has the fastest Anagen (growth) Phase,on the other side the hair of the body has much slower growth phase. It's also observed very often that men with very coarse dense chest hair their hair on that area turn gray sooner than men with finer hair on the chest. It is all because the timing of each hair falls and regrows. This is my opinion, better ask Dr.Pickart.
Picture of Aimoss
I am amazed that the use of Folligen spray has started to revert my grey hair back to the dark brown it was! Thank you so much Dr Pickart - I am looking forward to not having to use harsh dyes on my hair in the future! This was a brilliant side effect that I never expected!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aimoss,
Picture of oskyz
Dr. Pickard,

I noticed discussion on this 2 years ago (on an old forum here?), then nothing for 2 years. (Or did I miss something?)

Do you have more data over that time indicating how common it is for color to be restored with copper peptides?

I started using the Folligen spray on my crown and temples 6 weeks ago. I have just a little bit of gray there. No change in color yet.

I just had my hair highlighted a week ago, so it will be easy to see if the new growth comes in with the color restored. I will post again...

Wish me luck!

I hope the spray is good enough. I have long hair (below my shoulders) and it was too hard to work with the cream.
quote:
Originally posted by oskyz:
Dr. Pickard,

I noticed discussion on this 2 years ago (on an old forum here?), then nothing for 2 years. (Or did I miss something?)

Do you have more data over that time indicating how common it is for color to be restored with copper peptides?

I started using the Folligen spray on my crown and temples 6 weeks ago. I have just a little bit of gray there. No change in color yet.

I just had my hair highlighted a week ago, so it will be easy to see if the new growth comes in with the color restored. I will post again...

Wish me luck!

I hope the spray is good enough. I have long hair (below my shoulders) and it was too hard to work with the cream.

Hello, Oskyz.
Have you been using the Folligen since your last post here? Has it helped to reverse the gray hair?
Thanks.
Picture of oskyz
Hi torn,

Yes I'm still using Folligen. I switched to the cream after seeing the video on how to apply it.

But no gray reversal over this past year - if anything, a few more strands. I think the gray reversal is more occasional than the norm.

However, I have noticed some new hair growth around my hairline which is good (I'm female).

Dr P said to take L-tyrosine for more melanin production (ie the gray reversal), so I've been trying that out for a couple of months now.

~6 weeks ago I started adding folligen for blondes (after Maxx pointed out it helped thicken the hair shaft). Will see how that goes - I have long hair, will take a while to be able to tell.
hi oskyz,

many thanks. will look into L-tyrosine. i have read that the gray reversal from folligen is occasional, but i was thinking to give it a try.. as far as i have searched there is no really products that work, but reviews here were quite promising.
quote:
~6 weeks ago I started adding folligen for blondes (after Maxx pointed out it helped thicken the hair shaft). Will see how that goes - I have long hair, will take a while to be able to tell.

Thats too funny about 6 weeks ago (November 20th) I dropped Folligen for Blondes. Its a great product but for me I didn't see any new growth. There may have been some but it wasn't noticeable to me. Hair did look way thicker thought.

I saw some new unwanted hair growth on of all places the knees with Copper Peptide based products so want to see if they will have any effect on the scalp.

If it works out and I get some new hair growth will probably eventually go back to Folligen for Blondes alternated with Hair Signals.

I'm fairly sure Copper Peptides will play some role in my scalp health if for nothing else to hopefully keep any grey hair from cropping up.

Biggest problem is I started the Hair Signals along with the Nioxin Vitamins about the same time and the hair is the best it has ever looked but I don't know what is doing what. I just know for now I am going to stick with this and see where it takes me Smiler
quote:
However, I have noticed some new hair growth around my hairline which is good (I'm female).

have you tried burdock oil? it is great to improve the overall condition of your hair, also combat hair loss and promote the hair growth.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: torn,