New
Find
Notify
Tools
Folligen Conditioner Login/Join

Picture of whippet74
posted   Report This Post  
Hello,

I would like to know if i can use the Folligen Conditioner as a leave in moisturizer. I have naturally curly, fine hair. I wash my hair only one time a week and on the days i don't shampoo, i rinse my hair with Folligen Conditioner and leave my hair air dry. Sometimes i will put a very small amount of coconut oil or sweet almond oil to help with the frizz. I have no chemicals in my hair i.e. relaxer, perm etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dr. Pickart, your products are awesome! Thank you for making them!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear whippet74:

Yes. Actually we have a number of clients with hair from wavy to very curly who use Folligen Conditioner as their leave-on conditioner.

Since Folligen Therapy Conditioner can be considered a "deep conditioner" due to its high amounts of amino acids and moisturizing agents, the key to using it as a leave-on conditioner lies it applying it very lightly.

Our curly hair clients apply a light amount to hair that is damp with perhaps a couple drops of their favorite carrier oil such as Emu Oil or Squalane. Then scrunch or finger style to finish.

This method works well to control frizz and define curls that last, without using drying mousses or gels.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of whippet74
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you so much for your reply! I will try the Emu Oil or Squalane on my hair as suggested.