Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shampoo and conditioner, Folligen Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I purchased the shampoo and conditioner, and am considering the folligen cream or the Hair Signals solution.

My hair is pretty good, though I would like it to be thicker and because I got a crappy haircut a month ago, I want it to grow faster (though I can be patient)

I actually want my hair to be long, but it tends to become rather limp, especially in the front, when it gets past a certain length.

My hair is pretty fine, and though I have a lot of it, I would love to address this. I would also love to stimulate more growth around the hair line, particularly on the left side, towards the front.

I really only wash my hair about twice a week. I let it air dry, and I don't color or treat it in a harsh way.

Will I get benefits, by only using the shampoo and conditioner just twice a week? And can I use the other products and just leave them in my hair, or will I want to wash them out.

Again with the amount (is asked in another post)
How much is enough? A dime size, nickel size or a quarter??? I just want to get enough, and I don't want to waste product.

Thank you for your answers and this forum!!!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear arline:

The benefits of using Folligen Shampoo and Conditioner are primarily gained from avoiding harsh shampoos that excessively strip the protective oils and proteins from your hair shaft, or use of inferior conditioners that do not truly add back the amino acids and nutrients essential to strengthen and seal the cuticle post-shampoo.

So even though you may only be using the product twice a week, you are still off to a much better start for the long term health of your hair.

We'd recommend though that you use the actual copper-peptide scalp nutrient product that stays working on the scalp without being immediately washed off.

If you're looking for a light oil-free product try Folligen Spray. Use every other evening before bed. Part the hair and spray (or use a dropper) directly on the scalp. Leave in. Do not wash out. The application should be so light that it just barely covers the area and does not drip or leave the hair wet. Very little of the scalp nutrient product should get on the hair. It is primarily to be applied super lightly to the scalp.

• If you use Folligen Spray, 1 spray or 1 drop is sufficient to cover about 3 inches.
• If you use Folligen Cream or Folligen for Blondes, a pea-sized amount is sufficient to cover about 3 inches.
See our video of How to Lightly Apply Folligen Cream

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Great!

I am interested in stronger eye lashes too. I for obvious reasons want them to look fuller. Should I use the folligen cream or spray for this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello Arline,

For ease of application we recommend the Folligen Cream. Once a day (or once every other day) apply an extremely thin layer to the eyebrows. For eyelashes, apply an extremely light coating to the skin below or above the eyelashes, near the eyelash bed (where the eyelashes protrude from). Avoid getting the creams in your eyes.

For a video on how to apply you can go to this link: How to Apply Folligen on Eyebrows and Eyelashes

Many of our clients report great results in the appearance of their eyebrows and eyelashes.

Keep Smiling,
~TheSkinBioTeam

You don't know how excited I am! I can't wait to order this Smiler
Hello,

I have been using the folligen cream and spray, for a few days now, and I am wondering, if in the beginning of using it, the scalp exfoliates.

I typically do not have an issue with dandruff, and my scalp is really flakey since I started using it.

The weather HAS just turned cooler, and that could be part of of it, but I don't know for sure.

Is it important to use the cream or spray daily to improve scalp health, or can I use the product more sparingly.

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear arline:

Thanks for checking in with us - We just have a couple of questions that might help us better advise you.

1. Are you using an extremely light amount?
2. Are you noticing any tingling/itchiness when using the product?

You can use either the spray or the cream (but there is no need to use both). Either product you use should be applied extremely lightly. It actually seems to work better when the applications just barely cover the area and do not leave the scalp excessively wet or damp.

Also when you part the hair, there is no need to try to cover every square inch, since this may lead to overuse of the product. First try a simple 4 square part (i.e. part the hair from front to back / then ear to ear = four sections). Then very lightly apply Folligen directly to the scalp skin (follow the line of the part). Massage in.

A single spritz of Folligen Spray, and a pea-sized amount of Folligen Cream, should be plenty to cover a good 3-4 inches. Again the application should be extremely light.

Use every other day at first.

If the dandruff continues, let us know. Applying a bit of a biological oil (such as Emu Oil) to the area might help along with making sure you are drinking plenty of water.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
I may have been using too much. I backed off after I wrote that message, and I have had no more flaking. I may transfer the spray to a dropper bottle, so I have better control over where it goes.

Another question I have is about the Emu oil. You offer one for the skin, and one for the hair. How are they different? If I use the emu for the hair on my skin, will it stimulate hair growth? I certainly only want the hair on my scalp and eyelashes to grow stronger, but that is all Smiler

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear arline:

Good to hear!

The only difference between Emu Oil-S for Skin and Emu Oil-S for Hair is that the one for Hair has saw palmetto oil added due to its excellent benefits for scalp skin.

The "S" in Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher for Skin and Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher for Hair, stands for "Supplemented". Both products are supplemented with an exclusive mix of anti-oxidants and vitamins that Dr. Pickart adds in.

You could use Emu Oil for Skin on both facial, body, and scalp skin... But using Emu Oil for Hair on the face may cause breakouts (not increased facial hair).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thank you.

I have been using emu oil for a few months now, and I love it. I was glad to see you all encourage the use of it.

I would like to use yours in the future, as I am sure the supplemented oil is really beneficial (I am stocked up for now, from what I have been using)