Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hair Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am not real clear on the best application of Hair Signals and Emu. I understand on clean hair...should this be applied while my hair is still wet from washing or wait until dry? Also, I didn't catch when I made my order that I would want to apply Minoxidil as well. Would the Hair Signals or Folligen work its magic without the Minoxidil or is this a product that needs to be added to the hair regime? If it needs to be used as well, should I start with it right off (I haven't yet used the Hair Signals), or what is an average time frame to add it to my regime?

Thank you
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello Jacki,

Here are some very detailed instructions on how to use both the Hair Signals and Folligen products for the hair:

Directions for Hair Signals/Folligen Cream, Lotion and Spray:

FOR IMPROVED RESULTS: MASSAGE FOLLIGEN CREAM, LOTION OR SPRAY INTO SCALP

AM 1~ Part the hair or separate into sections so that the product can be applied directly on the scalp. If your hair is very thin, skip to Step 2.
2~ Apply a light amount of Cream or Lotion on the scalp once a day or once every other day. Hair Signals Spray/Folligen Lotion is best for use within areas of existing but thinning hair. Cream is best for use on hairlines.
3~ Apply a light amount of Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher for Hair after applying Folligen. Emu Oil works as a penetrating agent to help the SRCPs further penetrate and increase efficacy. Or use Emu Oil as a light scalp oil.

Directions for Minoxidil: PM Directions for Minoxidil: PM ~ Apply Minoxidil at opposite end of the day. Use Minoxidil only as directed.
Tips: Apply directly to the scalp once a day. Use sparingly.

Note on Use of Minoxidil: Please thoroughly research all precautions on the use of Minoxidil before purchasing this product.

“Before Color Treating or Applying Hair Dye – Please Note: It is important to discontinue use of Folligen on the hair for about one week before attempting to chemically color treat the hair. Copper-peptides can possibly react with the hair dye, and although these occurrences are rare, the colors may not come out as desired.”

Tips for Healthy Hair Growth: Air-dry your hair whenever possible. Limit use of heat (blow dryers, curling irons, hot combs, and flat irons) to special occasions only or not at all. Be careful of shampoos and conditioners which may contain harsh detergents and flash-foaming agents that strip protective coating proteins of the hair shaft. For shampoos/conditioners fortified with SRCPs use Folligen Shampoo and Folligen Conditioner. Supplements of MSM (2-4 grams daily) and flaxseed oil (4 grams daily) may also help with hair health and vitality.

Blonde Hair - Please Note: If you have light colored hair or light highlights may pick up a green tint if Folligen is in contact with the hair. Try to keep the products on the scalp. If a greenish tint occurs, just rinse with lemon juice and water to easily remove it. Or use Folligen for Blondes, which is designed specifically for blonde hair.

You don't need to have freshly washed hair when you apply the Hair Signals Cream. If you would like you can apply the Hair Signals at night and the minoxidil in the morning. You can actually switch the routine if it is easier for you.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team
Thank you. So I need to include Minoxidil for the Hair Signals or Folligen to work?
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Actually many if not most of our clients get great results without using minoxidil at all. I just wanted to explain in detail how to use it. It is really personal preference.

Thank you
~The SkinBio Team
Picture of oskyz
I never used Minoxidil, but in those situations, what I do is use multiple treatments (ie both), then if it works, you can always stop one of the two and see if it regresses, then start up if it does.

Saves time getting to the best result.
MaxxC, being new here I must ask...is FFB the Folligen product?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Tin Peptides were an unexpected effect and never the center of attention. Some people use tin peptides for their hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
OK, it sounds like a combination of tin and copper peptides would be the best all round product for hair.
Is that what people are doing, combining FFB and either the shampoo/conditioner or the regular Folligen?
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello Lalique,

Many people use the Folligen for Blondes one day and the folligen product of their choice on opposite days.

I think you will find this thread most helpful: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...161008995#3161008995

You can use the Folligen Shampoo and Conditioner with both of the products.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team
Dr. Pickart,

Have you ever think of making a product like Hair Signals but based on Tin Peptides?
Thanks Skin Bio!

I have been reading, but cannot determine, what is the difference between the Hair signals and the Folligen products?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Hair Signals is designed as a better Folligen.

But we wait a long time to see what our clients actually prefer.

Dr. Pickart,

Have you ever think of making a product like Hair Signals but based on Tin Peptides?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Risugo:

That is a good question - We are sure Dr. Pickart will reply when he has an opportunity.

Much may depend on the stability of tin-peptides and whether he feels the added ingredients of Hair Signals Therapy would work well when combined with them.

But this is a good question.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
quote:

Risugo not sure what you are saying, but it sounds like a product that combines both tin and copper peptides? I think Dr. Pickarts says when applied at the same time they chemically react.

Some do alternated the products AM/PM or every other day.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by Risugo:
Dr. Pickart,

We might in the future. Now we are developing a tin peptide hand cream and then we will work on a product for improving skin health in persons with diabetes.
Picture of SAGE262
Why a tin peptide hand cream? What is the advantage of the tin peptide instead of copper for the hands (other than the nails)?
No Maxxc, what I mean is a product with all "other" ingredients of Hair Signals but with Tin Peptides instead of Copper Peptides, something like
Purified water, tin peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and stannous chloride), glycerin, propylene glycol (and) phenoxyethanol, cupric chloride, polysorbate 20, glycine, allantoin, camellia sinensis (tea) leaf extract, salicylic acid, fragrance, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, serenoa repens (saw palmetto) fruit extract, tocophersolan (vitamin E) and pygeum africanum extract.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear SAGE262:

Tin peptides seem to work particularly well in keeping the skin soft, supple, moisturized and protected.

A hand cream with tin-peptides specifically formulated for this area should work best.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of SAGE262
I'm looking forward to this hand cream! Hopefully a tin-peptide body lotion will follow the hand cream.