Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Hair    oily hair - how to get rid of the extra oil

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
oily hair - how to get rid of the extra oil Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi- My hair shafts are considered thin yet I have alot of strawberry blonde hair. My concern is reducing the extra oil and odor. I really love the Folligen Therapy shampoo and conditioners. However the shampoo doesn't get the extra oil and odor out. I have to shampoo daily.

Currently, I use a cheap (Suave) clarifying shampoo to get rid of the oils, then the FT shampoo which I let it set on for 1-2 minutes. After a good rinse, I use FT conditioner and let that set on for 1-2 minutes or more.

After reading Chapter 13 in Dr. Pickarts new book page 148- overwashing can damage the hair shaft. Is this routine considered "overwashing? In addition, on page 148 it states that Retionic Acid can be used to reduce the oil- Where can I purchase this?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Kelley
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It really depends on your hair. Overwashing will damage hair but if you have so much oil, you can use stronger cleansers.

Retinoic acid is retin-A. You need a prescription from a dermatologist.
Hi Dr. Pickart- Thanks so much.

Kelley
You need a shampoo that is suit for you, good luck!

the same with me, we need some solution to get rid of oil from hair.