Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Hair    Any advices on how to PREVENT gray hair?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Any advices on how to PREVENT gray hair? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I do not have any gray hairs at all yet (I am 28), but I am considering something to PREVENT as much as possible gray hair.

I have never used CPs on my hair. Which product would you recommend to help maintaining the color? Folligen Spray? How often?

Does Emu Oil for Hair make the hair greasy? I tried Jojoba oil on the scalp once but it made my hair way too greasy. I sweat a lot because I practise Heated Yoga daily, so I need something that is not "heavy" and greasy on the scalp, otherwise I would have to wash my hair too often.

Also, could someone give me an opinion on my routine, specifically the shampoo/conditioner I am using:

- Natural fragrance free shampoo bar, Ingredients: saponified oils of (coconut, palm, castor, rice bran, jojoba, avocado, cocoa butter, shea), water, and yucca root powder.

- Natural fragrance free conditioner: organic aloe vera juice, organic unrefined jojoba oil, wildcrafted babassu butter, unrefined wheat germ oil, emulsifying wax, stearic acid, honey extract, collagen, panthenol DL, silk fibers, wheat protein, vitamin E, rosemary extract, grapefruit seed extract, potassium sorbate (food grade preservative), and ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

- Not excessively warm water, have not used any hair drier for many years, never done any color or chemicals of any sort, wash hair about every 3-4 days.

-Supplements: MSM 1 gr/day, Albion Chelated Copper 2 mg/day, and plus all other supplements recommended by Dr. Pickart, with weakly and monthly breaks.

(- Healthy diet, with lots of fish. Daily exercise. I protect my hair from sunlight.)

Right now my hair looks very healthy, but.. aging comes for everyone, so I'd like to start a long term routine with the intention of preventing gray hair, hair loss etc.

One last question: my conditioner contains ascorbic acid, even if probably in small quantity as it is the last ingredient listed. I read that vitamin C should never be used with CPs. So what should I do? apply the CP for example the following day after I wash my hair?

Many thanks in advance for any opinion or advice!!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Rossana:

Dr. Pickart developed our line of Folligen products which can help improve scalp/hair health. Our formula has been designed in three methods of application: Folligen Cream (which works well for hairlines). Folligen Lotion (slightly more liquid than its cream counterpart and works well on denser areas) and Folligen Spray (a liquid formula with a sprayer for easy application). Folligen Shampoo/Conditioner and Emu Oil for Hair are available also.

*Emu Oil for Hair is a thick oil and can weigh down the hair if not applied properly. Emu Oil should only be very lightly applied on the scalp if you are worried about it leaving a "greasy" residue. Or just use a Folligen product by itself.

For yourself, you may want to use Folligen Spray directly on the scalp once a day (or once every other day).

Folligen Spray is an oil-free solution that will not weigh down your hair or leave it feeling greasy.

For improved hair health we recommend the following suggestions: Air dry your hair whenever possible. Limit use of heat (blow dryers, curling irons, hot combs, flat irons) to special occasions only or not at all. Safeguard your hair at night by using a satin or silk scarf, cap, or pillowcase. Be careful of shampoos and conditioners which may contain harsh detergents and flash-foaming agents that strip the protective coating proteins of the hair shaft (for shampoos/conditioners fortified with SRCPs see: Folligen Shampoo or Folligen Conditioner. And look into beneficial supplements which have proven scientific studies behind them to confirm effects on hair growth. A few that we have found to successfully work for clients are Flaxseed Oil and MSM (we recommend 2-4 grams daily).

We have had clients use Vitamin C topical products along with copper-peptides. But if you are concerned with using both you are always alternate their use.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,