Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dermarolling Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello - i'm thinking of using a dermaroller to help with product absorption and I wondered how long should I wait until after dermarolling to apply the products? e.g folligen etc. I intend to use a 0.75 mm length dermaroller.

Thanks
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Dreaming:

You will want to thoroughly research the recommended needle length for use on the scalp. Be sure to start with a short needle (.2mm might be more appropriate) - But be sure to research the needle length to make certain that it is appropriate for use on the scalp.

Our Folligen Products are already formulated for optimal uptake into the skin. So you will want to test on a area first if you choose to use a dermaroller along with your products.

..................................................................................

Here is our general information on use of skin needling devices along with our advanced copper peptides:

We've actually had a number of clients give rave reviews about using skin needling devices along with copper peptide cosmetics. Perhaps others will chime in with their experience.

General information can be found at: Use of Skin Needling and Skin Rollers While Using Copper-Peptides

Depending on what a person is trying to accomplish, and their own individual skin's sensitivity, some clients have decided to use copper-peptides + skin rolling in three separate ways:

(1) Before they use the skin needling device
(2) Very lightly after they use the skin needling device
(3) Or they use copper-peptides on the days they do not use the skin needling device.

Typically recommend using milder copper-peptides when skin needling, such as GHK-Copper Serum.

..................................................................................

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thanks so much for this - i'll check out the shorter lengths of roller.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Dreaming:

You are very welcome!

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Hello,

Just for informations, i use Hair Signal Therapy cream 6x/week. I use a 0.75 dermaroller once a week.

If i apply Hair Signal Therapy after using dermaroller, the Hair signal Therapy "burn" my scalp !!! And a few day after, my skin is "dead"....

So, now, when i use the dermaroller, i don't apply folligen hair signal therapy. I apply juste minox and emu-oil for the night in order to repair the skin.

best regards,

Seuxin
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Seuxin:

Yes, we typically recommend to use very mild copper peptides (Hair Signals is probably much to strong to use after a .75mm roller).

Above (see #3) we also recommend to use copper peptides on their rest days. In other words, the day you use your rolling device you can always forego use of the mild copper peptide on that day.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology