Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Hair    How often do I use, and when do I start seeing results?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How often do I use, and when do I start seeing results? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am a 20 year old male who has suffered on-and-off bouts of crash dieting and exercise bulimia over a period of 9 months, consuming no more than 800-1000 calories a day while doing 2+ hours of strenuous cardio. I have since stopped this completely and began consuming a healthy diet again around 2 1/2 months ago when I noticed my hairline receding in the temple areas, and this has not corrected itself significantly since the stoppage.

I noticed that I have gone from a Norwood I to a Norwood II in an extremely short amount of time. Also, in the temples, where I used to have thick, terminal hairs, these have now been replaced with vellus hairs that are oriented in the proper matrix but very small, thin, and not pigmented at all, impossible to see but in the lightest of bathrooms.

For approximately one month and a half now I have been taking Biotin supplements, and I just started using around a week and a half ago Nizoral 2% once every 3 days, and started Folligen cream at around the same time as well, every night. Is it unsafe to use Folligen this frequently? And when should I start seeing results, in terms of vellus hair growing into healthier, terminal hair?
Picture of angeleyes
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
hi Bubby,

Are you also using Minoxidil? The combination of minox and Folligen is very effective. Folligen is supposed to be applied every second day.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear BubbytheTourG:

Thanks for posting - You can use Folligen every day very lightly, however many of our clients have seen great results using it every other day.

The key is to be consistent and use only a very light amount on the scalp. Use the product for at least 4-6 weeks; generally it is within that amount of time that most clients reported noticing a difference.

Supplementing your diet by taking 2-4 grams of MSM can help with hair health as well.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thanks for your replies... and to angeleyes... I have considered a start to using Rogaine Foam 5%... but I have read a few horror stories on the Internet about how it, in many cases, causes irreparable sheds, destroys hairlines, causes hair to become dependent on it, invokes pseudoacromealgy, and must be used for life to maintain any results. I would like to speak to my dermatologist before using it... and I still don't know if the miniaturization will ultimately resolve itself with my current regimen.
Picture of angeleyes
Hi bubby,
You are right that it is not a decision to be taken lightly. My hair loss started in 2005 and after some trial and error using various products, I started using PPG-free minoxidil solution 5% with azelaic acid in August 2008. I grew back enough terminal hairs that I don't really worry about my hair anymore; it's not super-thick but it's no longer see-through in the front. I have just added Hair Signals cream to my regimen in hopes to further increase hair vigor; I spread small amounts on my fingers and massage it into my scalp every second night after I use my minox. Consistency is the key to getting your hair back.

good luck!

angeleyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,