New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gray Hair Supplements Login/Join

Picture of whippet74
posted   Report This Post  
Hello,
Can anyone recommend supplements for gray hair? I have read copper supplementation along with L-Tyrosine supplements; i am confused. I have thick dark hair with few gray hairs on my crown. I would like to keep my hair dark for as long as i can. I just turned 40 years old and do not want the expense of dying my hair. I currently use Folligen shampoo and conditioner along with Folligen spray. I have used the spray now for a few months and have noticed my hair is very soft and shiny. I also take daily, MSM 5,000 mgs. and 5,000 mgs. Biotin; along with a multi vitamin/mineral supplement. I have been taking these for at least 6 months(minus the MSM). My hair grows so quickly and looks and feels thicker according to my hairdresser. My multi vitamin/mineral supplement contains 1mg. of copper and 15mg. of zinc; i know there has to be an equal balance of the two minerals. Then i read about L-Tyrosine and someone suggested to incorporate an amino acid complex in tablet or powder form that contains L-Tyrosine. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: whippet74,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Yes. Copper and tyrosine helps.

Tyrosine is converted in hair pigment by tyrosinase - a protein that needs copper to function.

You can take tyrosine and copper supplements and improve natural hair color.

With 15 mgs of zinc, you should take about 4 mgs of copper.
Picture of whippet74
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you Dr. Pickart! Big Grin