Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hair dye + hair signals Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been using hair signals every other day and cp shampoo & conditioner daily for a while now. So far, so good!

I ordered a product for gray hair from a company called hairprint (hairprint.com), a natural alternative for hair dying. As the ingredients are more natural I'm hoping that hair signals won't interfere with it. With other hair dyes (clairol, just for men, etc.) - even after a few days off hair signals, my hair will still darken more than expected. Md brown color ends up almost jet black. Prior to using hair signals, this never happened.

Anyone else have problems with copper (even after days off of it) causing dye to come out darker than expected? Will also report after I use this new product.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Johnston:

Thanks for posting your question!

If the hairprint product lifts the hair color (opens the hair cuticle) or deposits any bit of color, you would probably do better waiting to apply your Hair Signals Therapy product for a good 2 weeks before use.

Copper peptide scalp products do have a tendency to easily attach itself to the hair shaft especially on lighter or color-treated hair, which is more porous. NOTE: Hairprint uses hydrogen peroxide which is a chemical compound.

Folligen for Blondes is based on tin peptides and works well with color treated hair. Tin has been proven exceptionally effective for the smoothing out and strengthening of keratin. In fact, 88% of hair is composed of keratin: a hard, fibrous type of protein. The tough outer coating of hair, or cuticle, consists of overlapping scale-like bits of even harder keratin. Due to the fact that tin peptides seem to assist keratin, products based on this research have also generated good feedback from our clients.

If you decide to keep using copper peptide scalp products, be sure to do the following:

1. Use the product extremely lightly; every other day might be the best option.

2. Try to apply the product only on the scalp. Be very careful and light with each application.

3. Before Color Treating or Applying Hair Dye: Discontinue use of Hair Signals on the hair for 1-2 weeks before attempting to chemically color treat the hair. This way you can ensure that the follicle shaft is clean of all residue and your color will come out as desired.

Use of Hair Signals may cause your color to come out darker than expected because some of the peptides may still be attached to the hair shaft. We would suggest waiting for a longer period in-between your color applications (2 weeks). Or rinsing your hair with a little bit of lemon juice diluted in water (about 1 part lemon juice to 3 parts water) to "release" any left over product. Or use a "clarifying shampoo" or a shampoo specifically for removing the tint of chlorine after swimming. This will effectively wash/"strip" any copper peptides so you have a super clean base to lay down the color. NOTE: Clarifying shampoos should not be used regularly since they strip the hair of the protective oils and proteins....but in this case it will solve the issue of having your color come out darker than desired.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology