Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
minoxidal Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Everyone..one and a months later after using 2 percent rogaine and hair signals, I brushed my hair today with many handfuls of hair. More hair tognight..what do I do..this has never happened before.please help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dianemarie,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear dianemarie:

Do not worry... It is normal to experience a period of temporary increased shedding when using products such as Minoxidil and Rogaine.

Dr. Pickart has mentioned before that "old, non-growing hair is held in the hair follicle for about four months before falling out". So there "may be a brief period of hair shedding as the new hair shafts push out the old dormant hair."

Here are some tips on how to ease things now and prevent future occurrences:

1. Take a break from product use until things calm down - When you return to product use, be sure to...

2. Only apply a very light amount on the area. Use sparingly. Product application should be so light that it never leaves the hair wet or dripping. Product does not have to be applied on every inch of the scalp. It is better to section the hair in 4-6 sections and dab a miniscule amount very lightly on the scalp.

3. Apply the product every other day at the beginning stages of use, rather than every single day.

4. Additionally, clients may want to dilute the product with water or use only once or twice a week until their scalp becomes accustomed to the product.

5. Be sure to style hair gently (i.e. limit heavy brushing and combing) - Comb hair VERY gently, starting from the ends and working slowly to the roots.

Feel free to contact us directly at 1-800-405-1912 and we will be able to speak with you in even greater detail regarding how to improve use of the product.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology