Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
sunblock Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I use a sunblock with helioplex. Is this a safe and effective sublock.
Picture of Rossana
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I read that Helioplex combines two sunscreens, avobenzone and oxybenzone. So I guess it has the same problems as all other chemical sunscreens, that it is broken down by UV radiation and can easily penetrate the skin and cause DNA damage.

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear dianemarie:

See Dr. Pickart's response at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...030035205#6030035205

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Why are the salicylates in sunscreens harmful but the salicylates in SB products are not?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
Why are the salicylates in sunscreens harmful but the salicylates in SB products are not?

I don't see any salicylate in SB products, the only one that might be confused is salicylic acid but it is not a salicylate because the latter are the salts and esters of salicylic acid (ethylhexyl salicylate, homosalate, octyl salicylate)

quote:
Originally posted by Rossana:
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:

I don't see any salicylate in SB products, the only one that might be confused is salicylic acid but it is not a salicylate because the latter are the salts and esters of salicylic acid (ethylhexyl salicylate, homosalate, octyl salicylate)

Doesn't the copper and salicylic acid form salicylates in the supercop products? In fact, Dr Pickart once provided a link to an article that talked about the benefits of copper salicylate for internal and external use.
Picture of Rossana
quote:
salicylic acid form salicylates in the supercop products? In fact, Dr Pickart once provided a link to an article that talked about the benefits of copper salicylate for internal and external use.

Not sure about that, but most likely the salicylates in sunscreens are not copper-derived.
I think every compound may exhibit significantly different behavior under sunlight (for instance accordingly to the strength of the bonds in the compound). So its possible that copper-derived salicylates are qualitatively different from those used in chemical sunscreens.
I'm interested in hearing more about this, it is an interested topic Smiler

There are also naturally occurring salicylates in fruits and vegetables and these salicylates are healthy and anti-inflammatory. So I would like Dr Pickart to explain why the salicylates in sunscreens are so bad while other salicylates are not.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
They are not using salicylic acid in sunscreens but homosalate and octisalate.

Octisalate is linked to immunotoxicity and allergies

Homosalate is toxic to body systems such as the heart, stomach and digestive.

Homosalate is an organic compound used in some sunscreens. It is an ester formed from salicylic acid and 3,3,5-trimethylcyclohexanol, a derivative of cyclohexanol.

Octisalate is an organic compound used as an ingredient in sunscreens and cosmetics to absorb UVB (ultraviolet) rays from the sun.It is an ester formed by the condensation of a salicylic acid with 2-ethylhexanol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,