Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Copper Sun Tan Lotion or Day Cover for Face Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Question for anyone that knows:
Could I use Copper Sun Tan Lotion on my face, as well as my body? I was going to get some for my body, and would like to save a little $ if I can use it for my face.

I don't sun a lot, this would just be exposure from gardening, or when I run, which is normally no more than 1 - 1.5 hours.

Then I'll do the P&R Body Lotion in the evening on my body.

Thanks!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Linda:

We have had some clients use our Copper Sun on the face.

But you might want to first try a small size and make sure you don't have any sensitivities to this product when used on the facial area.

For example about a month ago a client posted: "Many people here like the day cover and when the sun is not intense. And it contains ingredients that are good for the skin. I have not tried it yet, but in the summer, I plan to use it under whatever sunscreen I use. Right now I use the suntanning lotion on my face during the day. It contains enough titanium dioxide for the dark, winter days, but won't be adequate when the weather changes." -See: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...131065506#2131065506

Some like the formulation of the Copper Sun Body Lotion, others prefer the P&R Day Cover for facial use. Although the largest size of Day Cover is 4 ounces, a little bit goes a long way.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Hi everyone
Is GHK copper in copper sun now? Because the old sb guide does not state GHK in its ingredients list.
quote:
Originally posted by xflizzardox:
Hi everyone
Is GHK copper in copper sun now? Because the old sb guide does not state GHK in its ingredients list.

Yes, it is. current ingredient list:

Purified water, ethylhexyl palmitate, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), squalane, PEG-100 stearate, glycerol stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, polysorbate 80, glycerin, butylene glycol, propylene glycol (and) phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, polysorbate 20, cupric chloride, allantoin, leucine, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, copper tripeptide-1 (GHK-Copper), aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, tocophersolan (vitamin E), mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, and mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q-10), xanthophyll (lutein) and lycopene

Copper Sun

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
quote:
Is GHK copper in copper sun now

Your right I don't remember there being any GHK in the Copper Sun when I started using it about a year ago.

Unless I missed in on the original ingredient list. I think it was probably added late Summer or Early Fall. Thats about the time I noticed it on the ingredient list.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
GHK was added primarily because people asked that it be added. It contains beneficial antioxidants.

Dr Pickart:

Since the suntan lotion contains GHK copper, doe that mean it should not be used with hydroxy acids?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear nicekitty123:

Good question. Dr. Pickart will be sure to reply when he has the chance.

But much may depend on the level of ghk-copper found in the Copper Sun - Tanning/Firming Lotion. Definitely with the Super GHK-Copper products one would best apply their hydroxy acid at the opposite end of the day.

Typically with Copper Sun being applied during the day (before clients are exposed to UV rays for extended periods), it probably is best to forego using a hydroxy acid during that time of day and in direct sunlight anyway.

Use Copper Sun in the morning / Hydroxy acids at night.

But Dr. Pickart will clarify.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
Dr Pickart:

Since the suntan lotion contains GHK copper, doe that mean it should not be used with hydroxy acids?

Use the hydroxy acids at a different time of the day - such as the evening.