Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Safer Sunlight for Better Health    Could exfoliators on the body cause more skin damage from sun?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Could exfoliators on the body cause more skin damage from sun? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
So far I have not used exfoliators on the body, only scrubs and microfiber clothes, but I wanted to start, maybe alternating LacSal one day and CP body lotion the other day, with Emu oil on top of both.
However, I was concerned that exfoliating will make my skin more sensitive to the sun. Now I typically tan 3 or 4 times a week for half an hour each time, in moderate sun (morning). Sometimes I dont put sun protection not to be greasy afterwards. But I never burn or get red because I strictly control the time in the sun. I always protect the face with a hat.

If I use LacSal on the entire body, will those 30 minutes be enough to cause sun damage, if I do not use a sun screen?
Thanks!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Rossana:

Many clients who really enjoying using either LacSal Cream or Lactic Power 10 (especially since Lactic Power is available in a large 4oz) find that their skin does much better when they apply the leave-on hydroxy acids at night.

Our exfoliators are mild percentage hydroxy acids which should not pose a problem with making the skin more UV sensitive. But it may be wise to limit exposure or wear protective clothing you plan on using hydroxy acids over your body and then being out in the sun for a long period.

Others just apply Copper Sun - Suntanning Lotion with Copper-Peptides on top, after waiting 20-30 minutes after they apply the exfoliator. Or better yet, just use the exfoliator in the evening.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology