Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
PhotoDynamic Therapy Lotion? Login/Join

Picture of SAGE262
posted   Report This Post  
OK everyone, here I go again with one of my "finds". You guys convinced me to tread on Laughing LOL
Who has heard of this product sold at DermaDoctor.com ? (cheaper on QVC, I must add, but on waitlist)

Here's a little info from DermaDoctor:

Sun may be required, but sun protection is desired!
DERMAdoctor believes in not only meeting but exceeding sun protection. Photodynamic Therapy takes sun protection to a new level with two new technological advances.

DERMAdoctor Photodynamic Therapy is a sophisticated tri-complex that also provides Vitamin D supplementation, oxidative protection and establishes a cellular DNA shield.

Vitamin D
Photodynamic Therapy contains the sole non animal Vitamin D source available: sun exposed shitake mushrooms, to help boost levels of this vitamin so critical to overall well-being.

Benzylidene Dimethyoxydimethylindanone (C20H2003)
Sunscreen booster.

Powerful Antioxidants
Pomegranate, Ubiquinone, Vitamin E, Cucumber and Green & White Tea Extracts work to fight against free radical environmental damage to the skin.

**The sunscreen booster sounds serious--I can't even pronounce it!

Dr. Pickart and Skin Bio--I would really like to hear your comments. Smiler
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Sage,

I don't like dermadoctor. I think she is one of those dermatologists who knows nothing about skin. I discovered her about 12 years ago. She is all about making money by marketing expensive products with no real science behind them.

I think she tried to discredit Dr Pickart and his copper peptides at one time, did she not? Maybe SB can comment.

I have read that plant source vitamin D is not biologically active in humans. The body cannot efficiently convert plant vitamin D to it's usable form. We are animals. Why should we be afraid of vitamin D from animal source.

Nutrients from animals are more bioavailable to us because the animal's body has already done the work to convert them to their usable forms. I'll let the cow eat tons of grass so that I can drink a small glass of her milk and get my calcium.

The FDA is now considering fortifying foods with beta carotene because vitamin A is low in the American diet. The conversion rate of beta carotene to vitamin A is very inefficient. That means a person has to consume a lot of beta carotene to get adequate vitamin A. Most Americans are not going to eat that much beta carotene rich foods. They scared people away from pre-formed vitamin A because one flawed study suggested that it caused bone loss and now people are deficient.
Picture of SAGE262
What do you think about UV being turned into red light? It sounds too good to be true and I wonder why the plant source of Vit D is used. Also, I didn't realize that there was an actual person/dermatologist responsible for DermaDoctor.com. Don't EVEN get me started with the beta carotene thing! Mad
It does sound too good to be true. If there is a physicist lurking out there, maybe he or she can comment.

Yes, there is an actual person behind dermadoctor. Or at least there used to be. Her name is Audrey Kunin. Years ago she used to answer questions. She is all about the money.

The plant source of vitamin D is used because many people believe that anything that comes from a plant is automatically better than anything that comes from an animal. Also, many people think that we should stop eating/using animals in order to save the planet.

Well, our ancestors were not vegetarians. And when they killed an animal, they ate the whole thing, including the fat. The fact that the world is overpopulated and we cannot raise enough animals to feed everyone does not change our biology and what we have evolved to eat. Very few people can be truly healthy on a vegan diet.

I read an article years ago that said anthropologists have never found a culture that was exclusively vegetarian by choice. Subsisting on plants and grains only came about because agriculture provided a more reliable source of food than hunter-gathering type lifestyles. Also, grains and starchy foods are more affordable than meat.

The fact that plant sources of vitamin B12--which is an essential nutrient--is not usable by humans is proof to me that veganism is not natural.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
DERMAdoctor believes in not only meeting but exceeding sun protection.

Dear SAGE262:

It is now more widely accepted that sunlight is actually vital for health and may be more than just that it is essential for vitamin D synthesis in the skin.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
I don't like dermadoctor. I think she is one of those dermatologists who knows nothing about skin. I discovered her about 12 years ago. She is all about making money by marketing expensive products with no real science behind them.

Not a Kunin fan either Kitty. And did you see the price of a 1 oz bottle - $85??? Red flag goes up right there!

I think Dr. Pickart is right on with his thinking regarding anti-oxidant rich foods & CPs & UV reflectors applied topically.

Kitty, I have eaten very close to a vegan diet most of my life but it also included fresh fish & seafood. So that would not be considered vegan. Never knew what to call it?... More on the lines of a macrobiotic diet, I suppose?

I feel I have found the right balance & always viewed food through the WHOLE/PURE sense. I have included 'some' dairy back into my diet which I totally avoided in my 20's & 30's. I think that really helped my skin as far as breakouts, but little did I know that BP would come back to haunt me yrs later depite my controlling efforts.

Had a 'shitake bloom' after this last week of rain. Picked close to 3 lbs yesterday... Big Grin... Many anti-aging skincare lines are using shitakes in their serums. I prefer eating mine!
quote:
Many anti-aging skincare lines are using shitakes in their serums.

"Shitakes" that sounds made up like a Snipe Smiler
Picture of SAGE262
What's a Snipe??
quote:
Kitty, I have eaten very close to a vegan diet most of my life but it also included fresh fish & seafood. So that would not be considered vegan. Never knew what to call it?... More on the lines of a macrobiotic diet, I suppose?

Stoney,
That is very healthy. I love fish and when I was growing up we ate a lot of fresh fish. But I can't get fresh fish where I live; at least I don't consider it fresh fish. I think most of what they sell up here is farm raised fish which is really unhealthy stuff.

Strict veganism is not healthy in my opinion.

I think a person can eat a plant based diet with some animal products and still be very healthy. Meat is very concentrated nutrition and we don't need a lot of it.
quote:
What's a Snipe??

Thats the exact question that usually proceeds a Snipe hunt.

Snipe hunting is very popular here in Indiana. Its a night time hunt. Best done in groups of 4 or 5 and it usually occurs after drinking large quantities of Alcohol.

The Snipe newbie is positioned in a Strategic location and given a large gunny sack. The Veteran Snipe hunters will go into the woods and scare the Snipe while the Snipe Newbie makes the Snipe mating call to attract the Snipe and snare it in the gunny sack.

Thats how we do it here in Indiana but it may be a little different in New York. Region to region though the Snipe Newbie is the one left holding the bag.

Its a fascinating sport and this link will provide you with some additional details:

http://www.wikihow.com/Snipe-Hunt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MaxxC,
Picture of SAGE262
Dr. Pickart, could you please comment on this product? Is it really possible to turn UV into red light?

Photodynamic Therapy takes sun protection to a new level with two new technological advances.

DERMAdoctor Photodynamic Therapy is a sophisticated tri-complex that also provides Vitamin D supplementation, oxidative protection and establishes a cellular DNA shield.

Vitamin D
Photodynamic Therapy contains the sole non animal Vitamin D source available: sun exposed shitake mushrooms, to help boost levels of this vitamin so critical to overall well-being.

Sunscreen booster.

Powerful Antioxidants
Pomegranate, Ubiquinone, Vitamin E, Cucumber and Green & White Tea Extracts work to fight against free radical environmental damage to the skin.
Picture of SAGE262
quote:
Originally posted by SAGE262:
Dr. Pickart, could you please comment on this product? Is it really possible to turn UV into red light?

Photodynamic Therapy takes sun protection to a new level with two new technological advances.

Vitamin D

Sunscreen booster.

Powerful Antioxidants

Answers please Smiler
hi, i tried all of the link and they are all not found.