Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
sunblock Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
CVS pharmacy has a sunblock which contains Octinoxate, Octocrylene and Zinc Oxide. Would anyone know if the first two ingredients is safe. The SPF is 45 and holds up great in the water and is very economical.
Picture of Rossana
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
First two arent safe at all (see chemical sunscreens section on SB site), zinc oxide does not work well if use along with CPs.

Choose one that only contains Titanium Dioxide as an active sunscreen ingredient (plus antioxidants possibly but no other sunscreen ingredients)

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear dianemarie:

You may want to read Dr. Pickart's comments at the following thread on this forum:

https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...490004625#7490004625

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Can anyone suggest a Titanium Dioxide sunblock and where I can obtain it.

Thank You !!
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by dianemarie:
Can anyone suggest a Titanium Dioxide sunblock and where I can obtain it.

Thank You !!

SB makes one, Copper Sun Lotion, and Protect and Restore Day Cover for the face

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Would you know if Protect and Restore holds up well all day under makeup through sweat and humidity.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Dear Dianemarie,

Protect and Restore Day Cover will wear like any other normal cream. It really depends upon the weather and humidity as well. It helps if you can let it set before you apply your make up.

Best Regards
~The SkinBio Team
This is my routine: AM.. skin signals..lactic acid 10 for spot treatments..emu oil..skin tightener...sunblock..
Will protect & restore provide the sunblock coverage needed over these products and hold up through out the day without reapplication..

Diane. You shouldn't use the Lactic 10 right after CP's. Copper Peptides will raise the Ph and neutralize much of the Benefit. You can use the Lactic 10 first and leave on for 45 minutes. By then the skin has effectively neutralized the acid.

Its probably better to use the Lac 10 in the. P.M you avoid the acid being neutralized, plus its not a good idea to exfoliate before going out in the sun.

Daycover contains antioxidants. There are antioxidants in all P&R's but only Daycover has Titanium Dioxide. But it is only a small amount.

A good Sunblock by itself should be sufficient to protect the Skin by itself. You can use the P&R in the Evening to help rejuvenate the skin after being in the Sun.

You can actually make your own Titanium Dioxide Sunblock. Just take Daycover/Copper Sun and add your own Titanium Dioxide. Too much TD and you will get a pasty look. But under normal circumstances you won't need that much Titanium Dioxide if you use P&R in the Evening to neutralize the Suns effects.

BW MaxxC

Picture of Dr. Pickart
It will unless you are in intense sunlight for an extended time.
Hi..I was advised to use this routine for laugh lines. I use lactic power 10 in place of lacSal.
I use the lactic power over my entire face after the super cop 2. Please let me know if I am doing this correctly to get the best benefits for all the products.

For spot treating nasolabial lines and deep wrinkles: Use Super Cop 2X- Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly.

Immediately after, apply a light amount of LacSal Cream. Applying a hydroxy acid immediately after Super Cop will work as a penetrating agent (much stronger than just applying Emu Oil on top) - Adding this little trick to your regimen, along with methods of manual abrasion*, may help soften those lines further. Test this new method on a small area first.

After a few minutes, you can follow up with a light application of Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher for Skin on top.

Picture of stoney
Hi Dianemarie, Yes I agree that this can get confusing.

Applying your LacSal or Power 10 1st allowing it to work 30 - 45 mins before adding anything on top is BEST for overall exfoliation.

However, with expression lines, you can take it up a notch by applying another layer of LacSal on top of Cps to diminish the appearance of lines.

So you can do something like this in PM:

- Cleanse
- Power 10, LacSal or Exfol (wait min 30 mins)
- CPs
- Rub Hydroxys or Retin-A on top of CPs on targeted lines ONLY

I have started using this double layer approach on stubborn scars, but I think I need DYNAMITE!... Eeker...although my expression lines are very soft & subtle.

Diane, Ok so you are using it for product penetration rather then exfoliation.

1) For penetration apply the CP's wait a few minutes then apply the Lactic 10 right on top.

2) For exfoliation use the Lactic 10 in the P.M opposite you morning routine of CP's

If you want both. Step #1 in the A.M and Step #2 in the P.M.

BW Maxx
SB makes one, Copper Sun Lotion, and Protect and Restore Day Cover for the face