Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
sunscreen during pregnancy Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
What would be a good strong sunscreen that could be used during pregnancy? Thank you!
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Mustela makes some good chemical free sunscreens with moderate protection. They market for babies and pregnant women specifically.

Some other moderate protection, chemcial free sunscreens would be

Peter Thomas Roth (PTR) Titanium Dioxide SPF 30, PTR Ultra Light Titanium Dioxide SPF 30, Blue Lizard Baby SPF 30 or Sensitive SPF 30, Vanicream SPF 15 (the SPF 30 has chemicals).

Blue Lizard and Vanicream are the cheapest for sure! Neutragena has a chemical free sunscreen (Sensitive Skin 15or 30), but I don't recommend it as there is no zinc oxide it in, therefore, there is no protection against long UVA rays.

Kathleen
Thank you very much Kathleen! I love skin products too! Cheers
Picture of Zuzu's Petals
quote:
Cheers

Only after the baby arrives! Wink

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur
quote:
Originally posted by meme:
Thank you very much Kathleen! I love skin products too! Cheers

I'm glad you found my post helpful. Smiler BTW, you will not burn at all with any of these products, it is only the UVA protection which is moderate (around PPD 8-ish, PPD being like an SPF for UVA rays). But 8 is still not too shabby IMO, especially if you take your antioxidants. Wink

Kathleen
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Be very careful to avoid the chemical oil sunscreens. Up to 35% goes right through the skin and a fetus is very sensitive to alien chemicals.

There are no "safe" sunscreen oils. Under sunlight, the UV absorbing oils start breaking down into toxic compounds in minutes.