Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NEW BE Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Login/Join

Picture of stoney
posted   Report This Post  
Bare Escentuals just came out with a NEW all natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 UVA/UVB Protection for face & body.

Dr. Pickart can you give me the thumbs up -or- down on this overall?

Actives:

12% Titanium Dioxide

Inactives:

Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Chinensis Extract, Ranunculus Ficaria Root Extract, Silica, (+/-):Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Thanks Dr. P... Cool...
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It looks good but I don't know what the plant extracts are for.
stay away from the bismuth, stoney, it can cause blemishes. mica is also a problem

there are MMUs out there better for your skin than this

This message has been edited. Last edited by: foxe,
Picture of stoney
Thanks Foxe,

I actually use BE Foundation with no problems at all, Confused? but, I will have to check the ingred list.

I thought the NEW Sunscreen looked interesting as it is the 1st Mineral SS I've come across with a HIGH SPF & it is tinted (Light, Med, Drk) & can be used on BOTH face & body.

I MAY try it out on my face & if I have any problems I will use it on my arms, chest, etc...

Thanks for the heads up on the possible culprits... Smiler
Picture of stoney
Oh ya, As ALWAYS...Thanks Dr. P... Thumbs UP!
Picture of Di
Hi Stoney,
Where do you get this sunscreen. I'm always looking for a good one.

Thank you
Di
I use BE as well for foundation but mostly in the summer. I also use illuminaire mineral makeup in the winter. However, for some reason doesn't seem to look as good as it used to and I used to love it.

Has anyone tried another mineral makeup that is good (Foxe?). I am always on the lookout for new products to try. Will be interested in hearing how the lotion works out for you, Stoney. Has anyone tried skin biology suntan lotion? I am interested in trying it as well but it does mention if you are going to be out for a prolong time to add something else....
Picture of stoney
Hi Di,

This is a recently launched BE Mineral S/S SPF 30 only available right now on QVC... I bought in Med.

Slh,

I use SB Suntanning Lotion & add some Lav Calypso Oil to give it more fragrance. That is all I NEED when I'm out working my garden... Cool...Also, the NEW BE SS is NOT a liqiud, but powdered Minerals. It comes in a Tube with a nice flow thru brush for easy application. I have been waiting for something like this to finally come out...I hope like it!... Thumbs UP!

Dr. Pickart,

I think the plant extracts are supposed to be some sort of anti-oxidants... Confused?...I'm just trying to avoid any BAD skin-wetting ingredients.
Thanks for the clarification Stoney. Wow. Keep me posted on the BE that sounds interesting. I am most interested in the SB suntanning lotion and can't wait to try it out. Glad to know that is all you need when working in the garden.
Picture of Di
Thank you Stoney. So it's powder. Yes, let us know how you like it. Smiler
Dr. P - can other MMUs be used for SS (and makeup) if they include zinc oxide? Will this be a problem if applied on top of CPs?

Here is one I would like to use:

Ingredients
Titanium dioxide, coral calcium, zinc oxide, iron oxides

Or this one:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 14%, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) 6%
Inactive Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).
Picture of Dr. Pickart
They look worth trying. The active ingredients should not get into the skin.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by Di:
Thank you Stoney. So it's powder. Yes, let us know how you like it. Smiler

Just wanted to report back on the SS...

I actually like it very much... Thumbs UP!...It is perfect for those who wear Mineral Makeup.

I already went back for the light & will save the med for the summer. It works perfect on top of Day Cover & as a base under my foundation... you actually need much less. It is NOT drying or chalky in anyway & blends beautifully into your skin.

The only problem I initially had was dispensing it, but it was a matter of turing it one more notch after the brush pops up.

If you wear MMU...this is a WINNER!... Love
Thanks for the update. I think I will try it.
Yes,but the bismuth oxychloride is where the lead is.More sore spots...
Picture of stoney
Yes, Bismuth Oxychloride seems to be the "debate of all debates" these days in the Mineral Makeup Industry... Confused?...

I am NOT 100% convinced that is as BAD as some claim in terms of its lead content -or- irritating properties in MMUPs if it is at the END of an ingredient list & NOT a primary ingred.

I actually used the SAME MMUP for 6+ yrs, with NO issues whatsoever. I never experienced ANY itching -or- breakouts on my skin at all & my skin actually looked better than ever when I switced from liquid to MMUP. I posted a pic in the friends album from 3 XMas's ago & my skin looked & felt good.

The MESS under my skin in the form of "tiny white trapped bumps" has been a DIRECT cause of 30 yrs of BP use. CPs/ the ROLLER/ & red LED have helped to "purge" 30 yrs. worth of suppressed damage from under my skin in the form of some very NASTY breakouts... Confused...There is NOT much left under the surface (little bumps) that looks too threatening anymore... Whew!...

MANY of the stories I hear on the forums about "Help I'm breaking out!" are indeed "purging" which are OLD suppressed blemishes NOT new ones!

Understanding the healing process is just as important as the actual healing...No it is NOT fun, but it is well worth it in the END!... Cheers!...