Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Non-micronized sunscreens Login/Join

Picture of Annick
posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart, what do you think of these?

I found 2 products: one by AnnaBellina and another by Marie Veronique. Would you like me to post more information or are you familiar with these companies? Their descriptions are impressive, and I am tempted to try them, but I don't want to waste more money. I would like your opinion. Thank you.

(I welcome any other input as well.) Typing
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Tell me the ingredients in the products.
Picture of Annick
I'll include a magnifying glass in today's shopping excursion.

I really want to know what you think. I have become fascinated with all this. I'm thinking of going back to school to study chemistry (always one of my favorite subjects) to better understand the functioning of skin.

I really enjoy learning about this (and having nice skin is a happy collateral benefit.) Thumbs UP!

Today I wore the Petite Marie in strong midday sun, and my skin feels nice. Usually my face feels irritated with other sunscreens. So, I will forward the ingredient list. I also don't feel all clogged and heavy as I do with the Neutrogena or Vanicream. I feel healthy, and my skin feels clean and light.
Picture of Annick
Marie Veronique:

Green tea*, neroli hydrosol, non-micronized zinc oxide, oils of apricot kernel, calendula-infused jojoba*, sunflower & meadow foam seed, Vitamin E, MVO botanical anti-oxidant glycerite, aloe vera gel*, potassium sorbate, red palm oil*, mica, pearl powder, allantoin, xantham gum, oils of emu, sea buckthorn*, red raspberry seed & acai, non-GMO lecithin, honeysuckle, essential oils of carrot seed, cistus, lavender & helichrysum, iron oxides (for tint). *ORGANIC

Active Ingredient: non-micronized zinc oxide, no nanoparticles
Picture of Annick
Anna Bellina:

Sunscreen
Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Camellia sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Extract, Non-micronized Zinc Oxide, Sea Buckthorn Berry, Agar Agar, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Dimethlaminoethanol (DMAE Bitartrate), Red Iron Oxide, Salix nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Oil, Essential Oils.
Picture of Annick
Petite Marie:

Ingredients
Rose water*, orange water*, zinc oxide, jojoba oil*, purified mineral water, vegetable glycerine*, emulsifying vegetable wax, calendula extract*, calendula flower oil*, aloe barbadensis water*, echinacea extract*, carrot extract*, rosemary extract*, arctic cranberry oil and extract*, arctic blackberry oil and extract*, gingko biloba extract*, green tea epigallate catechin, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium sorbate.
I noticed you never received a reply from Dr. Pickart about these products. Are you still happy with them and do they work well under foundation? Thanks!
Picture of Annick
I don't use foundation, but my skin feels smothered in the thick sunscreens. I ended up using Anthelios.

I have tried so many sunscreens. I am hoping that the technology improves. Cool
Well, for anyone who does wear make up, you may be interested to know there is a mineral make up foundation available on ebay called "Sheer Miracle.". Titanium dioxide is listed as the only active ingredient but provides 56% sunscreen. The 'other' ingredients only include Mica, Iron Oxidesand Ultramarine blue.

How does this product measure up? I've been using it since feb and otherwise think it's great.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by Annick:
Marie Veronique:

Green tea*, neroli hydrosol, non-micronized zinc oxide, oils of apricot kernel, calendula-infused jojoba*, sunflower & meadow foam seed, Vitamin E, MVO botanical anti-oxidant glycerite, aloe vera gel*, potassium sorbate, red palm oil*, mica, pearl powder, allantoin, xantham gum, oils of emu, sea buckthorn*, red raspberry seed & acai, non-GMO lecithin, honeysuckle, essential oils of carrot seed, cistus, lavender & helichrysum, iron oxides (for tint). *ORGANIC

Active Ingredient: non-micronized zinc oxide, no nanoparticles

This looks OK. I don't ignore questions but do get overwhelmed at times. Then things are forgotten.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Anna Bellina:

Sunscreen
Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Camellia sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Extract, Non-micronized Zinc Oxide, Sea Buckthorn Berry, Agar Agar, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Distillate, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Dimethlaminoethanol (DMAE Bitartrate), Red Iron Oxide, Salix nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Oil, Essential Oils.

No on this. Hyaluronic Acid wets the outer skin proteins which damages the protective skin barrier. It makes a product feel very sensuous and this is why people like it.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Petite Marie:

Ingredients
Rose water*, orange water*, zinc oxide, jojoba oil*, purified mineral water, vegetable glycerine*, emulsifying vegetable wax, calendula extract*, calendula flower oil*, aloe barbadensis water*, echinacea extract*, carrot extract*, rosemary extract*, arctic cranberry oil and extract*, arctic blackberry oil and extract*, gingko biloba extract*, green tea epigallate catechin, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium sorbate.

This looks OK.
Picture of Annick
Many thanks, Dr. Pickart.

Everyone gets busy at times - no problem. It's so nice that you reply to our questions and inquiries. It is very rare to get that kind of personal attention from any company, let alone the actual person who invented the products! Smiler
What about mine? It only had four ingredients. Smiler
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by petrified:
Well, for anyone who does wear make up, you may be interested to know there is a mineral make up foundation available on ebay called "Sheer Miracle.". Titanium dioxide is listed as the only active ingredient but provides 56% sunscreen. The 'other' ingredients only include Mica, Iron Oxidesand Ultramarine blue.

How does this product measure up? I've been using it since feb and otherwise think it's great.

This list looks OK but strange unless it is a powder.
There are so many sunscreens on the market and so many ingredients to read through. It would be great if someone could provide a listing of products so others do not have to start at square one. Is this possible?

Also, am I correct in understanding from various forum posts that SB Protect and Restore does not provide sufficient sun protection?