Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
100% Pure Titanium Dioxide Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I've been using in the past with %100 Pure titanium Dioxide mixed with Emu Oil and Hyaluronic acid on my face.

Now that I'm not using Hyaluronic acid anymore and only using Emu Oil... I've nothing to mix the Pure Titanium Dioxide with... and its very hard to apply it like this...

Any ideas?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Can you mix it with purified or distilled water?
I think there is a formula I bought that has only the two ingredients, water and titanium dioxide.

Btw, where do you buy titanium dioxide?

creative
How about applying the titanium dioxide with a large soft makeup brush?
quote:
Originally posted by creative:
…Btw, where do you buy titanium dioxide?

creative

I'm not the original poster, but I get pure titanium dioxide PW6 from an artist/craftsman pigment and materials supply company called Sinopia, located in San Francisco. They do mail order. I went with pigments for the trades because it was getting impossible to find non-micronized cosmetic pigments from cosmetic supply places. I make my own mineral makeup just for myself – that way I don't get drying talc, stuff I'm sensitive to like bismuth oxychloride, micronized anything, etc.

If you go the artist pigment route I'd advise you to check out the chemical analysis of the actual powders you're using. Sinopia has those documents available if you go into their store, but they don't post them online, there are far too many (and they're not in the cosmetic business). However, Sinopia focuses on supplying pure pigments and they practice full disclosure of ingredients. Some other pigment companies do not, or are just too vague with their labeling. For example, a common one is to add viridian green (slightly toxic) to verona green earth (non toxic) to boost the green, but they still call it "verona green" and don't disclose the added ingredient.

I suspect that Kremer might also practice full disclosure in labeling. I know Sinopia because they're local and I've been dealing with them in my work for years.

Here's an online resource for learning about pigments in general, it has decent toxicity information. Paintmaking (dot) com
Jadzia,
I didn't think anyone would reply to this after a while. Thanks a lot for telling me all that.

I wonder if I could figure it out from online how to make a mineral makeup. Hmmmmm.

creative
Picture of Rosey
Does anyone know where I can buy non-micro Titanium Dioxide in Canada? Know any stores or Canadian websites that sell it?
Picture of Rosey
I found some non-micro titanium dioxide at a soap making supply store close to me. So now I can protect my skin with a physical sunscreen. I've been using chemical sunscreens since I was thirteen. To think all this time I thought I was helping my skin Frowner
Picture of Rossana
You can buy titanium dioxide even on ebay for extremely low prices. Or any soap craft store as it's used to whiten the soap.

It will not mix well with pure oils such as emu or squalane. You need to mix it to an oil based lotion (for instance any CP lotion). It will also not mix well with water based lotions, and certainly it wont be easy to apply evenly if mixed with water only.

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Rosey
Thanks, Rossana, I found some at a soap making supply store yesterday.

I will mix some up this weekend as you suggested with an oil based lotion.

Cheers.