Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
High Mineral Day Cover? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I started using Day cover recently and am really like its moisturizing texture without being greasy for my combintaion dry skin. However I'm only using it during days when I'm at home most of the time.

I wonder if there's chance of getting back the High Mineral Day Cover. I am recently searching for safe sunscreen that uses non micronized TD/ZO but there seems very few choices in the market. I also did search on past messages that the response for HMDC was quite good and some said that the white color would disappear after a while. Or, is it possibile to make 'tinted' version HMDC by adding some mineral color (like iron oxide) that I found other natural cosmetics brand formulate their TD/ZO sunblock to minimize the white cast issue?

I believe HMDC is highly demanded product as I found people requesting higher proection Day Cover from time to time, or some DIY by adding TD to Day Cover.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear zoeFF:

Thank you for posting your comments - We will alert Dr. Pickart to your request!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
I simply using the the Suntanning lotion which has a higher percentage of titanium dioxide in it. I live in Australia and do a great deal of walking so need more protection than the Day Cover will give. I have been using the Suntanning lotion for about a week now, no problems and it doesn't seem to leave a white cast. For the record I have dark brown hair/eyes and light olive skin. I don't know if it will be enough protection for an australian summer, but for now in spring it's doing the trick. Two days ago I had it on my face but not my neck and I noticed that after being out at lunch my neck was slightly pink for a little bit but my face wasn't.
*BUMP*
Picture of Dr. Pickart
It is difficult to keep the minerals in the cream unless you use various solubilizing chemicals. But these are not very good for skin.