Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Versa Spa spray tan chemicals ok? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I get a spray tan about every 1.5 weeks. Is it ok to get the spray while using your products and if so, should I space anything out? For instance, if I put the CPs on in the morning, do I need to hold off on getting a spray tan for a certain amount of hours?? Same question for at-home self-tanner lotions. I do know you can't come up with a contraindication list for every product out there, but since I am trying to stay out of the sun, self-tanners and spray tans are the way I "cope" with this problem of super stark white skin (I look sickly when I don't have any color!) Thanks so much!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: emily100,
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello Emily100,

This is a question for the Dr. I am sure he will respond as soon as he is able.

Best Regards
~The SkinBio Team
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Just use the tanners about 12 hours away from the copper peptides.

Copper sometimes can catalyze reactions and might affect the tanning reaction.
Thanks, Dr. Pickart. What could the catalyzed reactions manifest themselves as? -- do you mean it could make me burn more easily or get a rash, etc?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The copper might change the color of the tan.

Someone once mixed up Folligen with about 10 possible hair growth molecules, blended it in a salad shaker, then rubbed the mixture into his hair. He said it turned a beautiful florescent orange.
Picture of oskyz
So glad you started this thread as I want to try a spray on tan also.

Funny, because they say not to exfoliate afterward since it removes the color, so I was planning on doing a 35% lactic acid peel before, as I would then go 2 weeks without exfoliating anyway.

But since the hydroxy acids open the skin cells more receptive to CPs was worried about it better absorbing the self tan (though Infinity Sun' claims it's a botantical bronzer made from walnuts. www.infinitysun.com

I saw Dr P's comment on spacing from the CPs. How long should I space it after a stronger hydroxy acid application?

If I like the fake tan effect, is doing it regularly and using CopperSun so I don't get any real tan better than getting a real tan??
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The walnuts probably stain the skin like a dye.

It is difficult to know what any mix of chemicals will do, so this I why I usually recommend using products one-at-a-time.