Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Daycover vs. Copper Sun Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I know this question has been answered before but I've read conflicting information.

I gave up on finding a OTC sunblock and bought my own Pure Titanium Dioxide powder to just mix with the Daycover and Copper Sun.

1) In their normal state how much TD in Daycover and Copper Sun? Which has more?

2)Do I just blend in the TD or is there anything special required?

3) Can I use Copper Sun on the Face?

Thanks in advance.

MaxxC
Picture of Rossana
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Given that TD should only stay on the skin, there should be nothing else to do other than blending so that it is homogeneously distributed within the base lotion.

SB sun products derive their beneficial action also from the CPs themselves plus other anti oxidants so if you are going to mix with a non-CP base I would add more TD than what is in SB sun products.

From my experience since TD is such a fine powder it is not difficult to blend it, even in absence of specific tools.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Thanks Rossana. I'm going to be using the regular Copper Sun over the next few months to build up a tan before Vacation.

I mixed up a 8oz with some of the TD which should now be about 10% to use on Vacation. At 5% it was minimally pasty on my skin. The 10% does give a somewhat pasty look but nothing I can't live with.

Best Wishes MaxxC
Picture of Rossana
I think the Copper Sun in combination with added TD will give you excellent protection (from the added TD) for your vacations.
Enjoy the summer sun! Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idelle Musiek,

quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Thanks Rossana. I'm going to be using the regular Copper Sun over the next few months to build up a tan before Vacation.

I mixed up a 8oz with some of the TD which should now be about 10% to use on Vacation. At 5% it was minimally pasty on my skin. The 10% does give a somewhat pasty look but nothing I can't live with.

Best Wishes MaxxC

Maxx C:
How much titanium dioxide did you add to your lotion to make the 5% and 10%?

if you have used the modified product in the sun, did it run and did your eyes burn?

Where did you get your titanium dioxide? Was it a good price.

I have problems with OTC sunblocks but I know I need protection.
Hi Kitty, Here is the way I figured it. These are approximates since adding the Titanium Dioxide will increase the total volume.

1) One 8 ounce bottle is 236ml.

2) If there were no TD in the bottle I would need 23.6ml of TD to be at 10% with the 236ml bottle.

3) A level tablespoon is 15ml. A level Teaspoon is 5ml.

4) If I take a one 15ml Tablespoons and add two 5ml Teaspoons I end up with 25ml or just slightly over 10% Titanium Concentration in a 236ml bottle.

Thats the method I used although it is just an approximate since the Titanium Dioxide slightly increases the total volume and I can't remember the formula to allow for the additional volume created by adding the TD.

I used 2 Teaspoons to get to 6% and 4 Teaspoons to get to 10%. Again approximates.

Basically figure every level teaspoon adds about 2% TD to the 8oz bottle.

You probably will find the regular Copper Sun without additional TD would be sufficient for everyday use. I'm on Vacation this week and have been using the Copper Sun without additional TD. The Strong 10% Copper Sun I will be using when I go to Florida in July.

If you decide to add your own Titanium Dioxide just add like a half teaspoon at a time. Mix it up and then you can make sure it dosen't get too pasty for you.

I haven't used it on the Face yet have been using Daycover.

Here is where I got the TD: organic-creations

Very cheap. However shipping is around $10 so I went ahead and did some "shopping" and added some Squalane and Lactic Acid since it seems to be a fixed shipping charge.

BW MaxxC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thanks Rossana. Thats what I am hoping. I'm going to try Dr. Pickarts method of applying Copper Sun during the day and the Body Lotion in the evening and see how that works out. Will have some 60spf to put on top if needed.

Rossana you can follow this link to the same website I provided to Kitty and find some info on that Tamanu Oil you were questioning in another thread: organic-creations. From what I read today, it looks to be on the order of an Aloe Vera. Good for lots of things but no miracle.

BW MaxxC

Picture of Rossana
quote:
Rossana you can follow this link to the same website I provided to Kitty and find some info on that Tamanu Oil your questioning in another thread

Thanks Maxx I had not seen that one! I will add some to my next order there just to try out, I am curious Smiler
Another thing I am curious to try is honeypowder.. the prices there are so cheap that its fun to try make some mix and see the results

That was Quick Smiler

Yes they seem to have a lot of interesting items at very cheap prices. I purchased some 1oz. Pure lactic Acids for 3.50 and 1oz. Squalane for 5.50.

They also have many of the pure Oils that Skin Biology uses in the Body lotions and Fragrances.

BW MaxxC
Picture of Rossana
yeah I got squalane too, plus jojoba oil, shea butter, tocopherols oil, chamomile flowers, flax seeds. Everything was very fresh and good and things like the chamomile flowers are extremely rare to find

Picture of stoney
Just wanted to mention that I opened a new bottle of the Sun Tanning Lotion yesterday, NOW called Cooper Sun. Much to my delight it has NO scent, unlike my last years bottle. New & improved for sure!

It has a wonderful smooth consistency just like the body lotion.

DayCover works like a dream for me on my face.

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear stoney:

We're glad to hear that you are enjoying the revised suntanning lotion, now Copper Sun - Tanning & Firming Body Lotion.

Dr. Pickart is constantly making refinements in the formulas, many times as a direct result of client feedback.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology