New
Find
Notify
Tools
Requesting feedback on my healthy sun regimen Login/Join

Picture of angeleyes
posted   Report This Post  
Hi,
I live in northern CA and now that summer is almost here I have planned a healthy tan regimen around CP creams and would like some feedback.

I work from home full time; every day in the afternoon I take a work break and do the following:
- apply Copper Sun cream
- relax in the sun for 20 minutes (timed)
- take a quick dip in the pool
- come back inside and apply P&R lotion to the areas that were in the sun

I take daily Vit C and CoQ10 anti-oxidants.

So far it has been going well and I am stunned at how fast I am tanning with the Copper Sun lotion. The regimen above is only used on my body; for the face I wear Makeup Artist's Choice SPF15 with Preventhelia and a wide-brimmed sun hat that is UPF50. I am waiting for Dr. Pickart's Lip Replenisher to become available before placing my order for P&R Day Cover Love

So my questions are:
- Is there anything missing from my 'daily' body regimen or am I doing anything wrong?
- For extended sunning beyond my daily regimen I intend on using Copper Sun underneath a broad-spectrum SPF15 spray, is this beneficial or should I not bother?
- What should I do for the face - would I apply Copper Sun underneath Daycover or just wear Daycover by itself?
- Can I apply Copper Sun immediately before sunning or do I have to wait 20 minutes before like for traditional SPF lotions?

Thank you!

Ann
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by angeleyes:
I am waiting for Dr. Pickart's Lip Replenisher to become available before placing my order for P&R Day Cover Love

Dear Ann:

You'll be very happy to know that we are now accepting orders for Dr. Pickart's Lip Replenisher! NEW LIP BALM

Best Wishes,
Skin Biology
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by angeleyes:

So my questions are:
- Is there anything missing from my 'daily' body regimen or am I doing anything wrong?
- For extended sunning beyond my daily regimen I intend on using Copper Sun underneath a broad-spectrum SPF15 spray, is this beneficial or should I not bother?
- What should I do for the face - would I apply Copper Sun underneath Daycover or just wear Daycover by itself?
- Can I apply Copper Sun immediately before sunning or do I have to wait 20 minutes before like for traditional SPF lotions?

Dear Ann:

Dr. Pickart may add his thoughts (especially regarding the wait time after applying Copper Sun) - But your regimen looks fairly good.

Adding a sunscreen after your application of Copper Sun Tanning and Firming Lotion is fine. Typically we recommend using pure un-micronized titanium dioxide products.

And although you could use both, we find many clients use either Day Cover or Copper Sun. Usually they opt to use Day Cover for the face (and again they may choose to use a mineral sunscreen on top).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
But what about the skin just below from the eyes? They are very sensitive, is there any way to protect them besides using prescribed sunglasses???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Tedd:

Besides copper peptides, a little bit of sunscreen, and protective eye wear, some clients use a wide-brim hat as well.

Or they limit the time they are exposed.

Fortifying the thin/delicate skin beneath the eye every evening with CP Night Eyes, Super GHK-Copper Cream, or VIP Luxury Cream is a great way to rejuvenate and soothe the skin around the eye area in the evening to combat the effects of the environment during the day.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology