Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Another Sunblock option Login/Join

Picture of SAGE262
posted   Report This Post  
I found another sunblock called MelanSol. Two of them use zinc and the other uses titanium. I'm just wondering why both the zinc sunscreens have a footnote stating 1 ) Uncoated Mineral Pigments (no modifiers) but the one with titanium does not.

Go to http://www.puresunscreen.com
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Sage,

I would prefer the Avalon over this product. There are too many unnecessary ingredients, too many oils that can clog pores, like lanolin.

What exactly is "natural" lecithin?
I did not realize that "unnatural" lecithin was something that we need to be concerned about.

Why not just purchase un-micronized titanium dioxide and add it to SB copper sun or day cover?

And this bio-melanin extracted from fruit. If it is 1000 more powerful than vitamin e, isn't it possible that it may cause problems of it's own? Vitamin E itself is a very powerful antioxidant. When it comes to antioxidants, too much can be as harmful as too little. Just because it is extracted from a plant does not make it safe. I would rather take a chance with the chemical sunscreens that have been in use for several decades.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:

I would prefer the Avalon over this product.

Just thought I would mention that I received my Avalon Mineral Block & it may not be as bad as I thought. It has 8.1% Titanium Dixioxde & no chemicals SS in disguise. The ingredient label on the site failed to mention the main active ingred, wonder why?... Confused?... it has some sort of silicone in it, but that is the worst thing that I found.

I didn't trash it & will give it try. If it doesn't work on my face, then I will use it on my neck where I need the extra protection.
Picture of stoney
Oops!...My mistake on the above post.

It was the Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 that is 8.1% Titanium Dixoide. It goes on nicely - not too thick, a little white but is dissipates some after applying.
Picture of SAGE262
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nicekitty123:
Sage,

Why not just purchase un-micronized titanium dioxide and add it to SB copper sun or day cover?

Hi Kitty,
I'm checking out sources for the minerals like you suggested and then I will add it to my copper sun and see if that works out for me. Thanks