Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Then and Now Login/Join

by Forever21 (created on )Gallery | Comments 
posted   Report This Post  
I thought I would just post an old picture of me, and then a newer one. I just want to publicly juxtapose them to gather others' opinions. How much older do I look now? Do I look younger/older than my current age? (Which, by the way, is 23!)
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Forever21:

Thanks for posting!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
OK, you're beautiful, and you don't look any older. You do look different because of a more sophisticated hairstyle, and make up at this age. But if you took off the makeup and cut your hair the same, you'd look the same. Gorgeous skin!
Thank you!
yeah, you look so young a purdy! there's nothing wrong with your skin at all so what are you doing here? lol

God bless <3
Picture of Rafanna
Dear Forever21,

Ditto, you've lost some baby fat, you are beautiful! But you concern me that you're worried about aging at 21! Eat healthy, exercise aerobically, stay away from drugs and alcohol and ENJOY life! Your face will age gracefully, please don't obsess...it takes all the fun out of life.
I was wondering why this photo was on this forum now and would have commented on any differences seen but it is out of date.Other people are responding to it but where is Forever 21 now?She would probably be about 25,I'm figuring.
I was also wondering why she was concerned with preserving herself at age 20.She obviously must be older or more mature in her mind than chronologically.
I too am concerned for someone, 23, worried about "ageing". This can't be healthy..
At 23 eating right, sun protection, and having fun are the best preservatives!!!

My Best
Picture of stoney
In defense of Forever 21, I don’t think it is ever too early to start thinking about anti-aging. Pre-mature aging is caused by what we consume, how we think & the amount of physical exercise we get amongst other environmental things. Anti-aging actually became my passion when I was about her age in a very positive way. I became extremely interested in how the body functions & realize now that all of my efforts have paid off in a BIG way.

Waiting until you are 50 when things start to crop up like high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, weight problems, etc. is almost too late. Those are the ones who will struggle as one thing usually leads to another since eating & living healthy doesn’t come as naturally. I don’t think you can ever start taking care of yourself too young since prevention is the "ultimate anti-aging" remedy.
hah! i hope she is still posting on here and will do an update.

i agree w/stoney. good for her for starting early. i'm encouraging my step daughter to baby HER skin, starting now.

she's 13. looks like betty boop. i want to teach her to keep that look.
Hi. Just wanted to check in. It has been a couple years!!! ---Alot has happened since then: moved, had another baby, etc.

Anyway, I would have to write a book about why I am concerned with aging at my age, so I will just put it this way: my preoccupation is part existential angst, part emotional traumatic events in my youth, and part passion for anything concerning health and skincare!

I am not currently using copper peptides, but am thinking of starting up again to try to regain a bit of lost facial fat.

I am now using Retin-A and a skincare line from a dermatologist I used to see for breakouts as a child.

Overall, I am happy with my appearance, except for the beginning of nasolabial wrinkles and hollowing out under the eyes. I have two active children and the stress has begun to take a toll! However, I believe I do look young fir my age, as I had four people comment recently that I look too young to have two kids! (A total payoff for all my "anti-aging" efforts!)

I will try to post an update pic or link if I can soon. I only have my iPhone for Internet and there are only certain things I can do with it.

Thank you all for feedback!

I am generally happy with my skin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Just noticed error at the end if my post. Having trouble editing using my phone as a computer. Oh, well.
Picture of stoney
Hi Forever21...

Don't we ALL want to be?