healthyskin.infopop.cc
Me at 50

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/albumcomments/f/1480045352/m/394102351

21 May 2009, 12:45 PM
Sirius
Me at 50
New to this and will add as I can, pics of a 50 year old me
23 May 2009, 05:12 PM
goatlady
You look great. Please do tell me your daily routine. I just started LacSal and CP on my 47th birthday in Jan. It has only been 4 months but I have noticed a change in my skin. I still have a long way to go.
26 May 2009, 07:11 AM
Sirius
goatlady,

Thank you for your compliment. I do VERY little to my skin, and only attempt to keep my skin fresh and healthy. I am not now, or ever going for that expressionless "doll face".
For the past 10 months I have
AM: wash w/Aveeno gentle cleanse bar, apply CP serum 4 x a week, Emu Oil every day.
PM wash w/Aveeno, SOMETIMES exfol serum
Prior to this routine-the last 49 years:
AM splash water on face
PM wash with cetaphil or other generic "gentle" cleanser
I seldom wear makeup, never sit in the sun and don't smoke..
And yes I have great DNA

My Best
26 May 2009, 03:08 PM
slh
Sirus - Your another beauty!
26 May 2009, 07:30 PM
N'nie
Sirius you look fantastic at 50! And I love the simplicity of your regimen.
27 May 2009, 09:06 AM
Sirius
Thank you again ladies!!!!!!!! I'm new to the CP way to beauty and have had my issues. Not so much with the "uglies", but wondering if CPs are "for me".
I have always gravitated to simple, gentle and mild skin care routines. As one may see 2008 I looked pretty good. Little wrinkleing or sagging. The St Pat's pic this past March I again look pretty good.
I'm just wondering if the CPs will preserve that, or simply do nothing...

My Best
28 May 2009, 08:00 AM
N'nie
Sirius, you're truly an inspiration. I've also had such a simple regimen and haven't tried remodeling agents yet, so it's nice to read of someone who has managed to look that good for so long without doing too much. I hope I can make it as far as you have with a simple regimen and start CPs in good time the way you seem to have done. I know mid-40's is a good time to start but I'm apprehensive and like you, unsure if CPs are for me. I don't like to fix something that isn't broken or change a regimen that seems to be working but I also know time brings wear and tear so there is a point after which one has to make changes to keep up with the changes and with the slowing down of the human system.

I hope you will keep us posted on how you progress down the road. I may use you as my role model, so kindly do share any changes you make and the differences you see. Your latest pic really shows a youthful you, but so does the 2008 one and I can't wait to hear Dr Pickart's read on the photos. Sometimes a pro can point out improvements amateurs like us may not have even noticed and help answer the question "Are CP's for me?"

Once again, thank you for sharing your journey thus far with us.
09 December 2009, 06:42 PM
marinalaska
You look great! Your skin looks fantastic!! I am also 50 and just started a CP regimen, LacSal and a vitamin regimen. I am working at reducing wrinkles around the eyes!!